AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22148604

Something is seriously wrong with Hollywood if this is the trend. For the love of god this Twilight era needs to stop soon...
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni30418521/

honestly I would have thought more than 34 million. That's what Johnny Depp gets for one Pirates movie excluding backend compensation. Well, good for her! I'm no fan of Twilight but I like Kristen!

·
Registered
33 Posts
God that Kristen chick can not even act, she just shows up and speaks the lines she is fed.

But seriously I do not really know of any actor/actress that deserves the amount of money they are making.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
In a field where men have historically made considerably more money than women I say - GOOD FOR THEM!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie675  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22149853

God that Kristen chick can not even act, she just shows up and speaks the lines she is fed.

How many films have you seen with her?

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I like Kristen and Cameron. I think they're good actresses.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

She was quite good in Adventureland.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
She was also pretty good as Joan Jett in The Runaways. But there is no way in Hell that she should be the highest paid actress.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Stewart is so dominant, I have never heard of her.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-...bes-highest-paid-actresses/0_60#post_22150049

In a field where men have historically made considerably more money than women I say - GOOD FOR THEM!

Agree. I do think Stewart and Diaz are okay actresses as well. Its not like the best actors make the most money, its the guys who sell tickets and that usually mean action stars. And some good actors dumb it down for action movies.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
These salaries are nothing but a reflection of how much someone wants to pay another for services rendered.

It's America, folks, not the USSR.

Talent doesn't have much to do with it....take a look around the office the next time you go to work.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22150707

These salaries are nothing but a reflection of how much someone wants to pay another for services rendered.

Talent doesn't have much to do with it....take a look around the office the next time you go to work.

hehehe ...+1.

Twilight is making around 300 million per movie and 600+ worldwide. It's simply logical that she's getting that big salary... She's one of the reasons people pay to see these films.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Good points...that explains Kristen Stewart.

Now how about Cameron Diaz?? Aside from being a VA in Shrek, hasn't most of her recent stuff bombed?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22150958

Good points...that explains Kristen Stewart.

Now how about Cameron Diaz?? Aside from being a VA in Shrek, hasn't most of her recent stuff bombed?

You got me there
Besides being a less than average actress, she's not even good-looking.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
The first time I saw Kristen was when she did a Porsche commercial. She would intentionally miss the school bus so her dad would have to drive her to school in that car.

Hard to believe Diaz is getting more cash than the likes of Streep, Theron, Jolie, Johansson, Winslet, and a bunch of others.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-...es-highest-paid-actresses/0_100#post_22150707

Precisely,..and when the Twilight series is over she'll fade out to obscurity and B movies or prob end up with a TV deal. I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.

·
Registered
29,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22150408

But there is no way in Hell that she should be the highest paid actress.
At $12.5 million per movie, Stewart isn't the highest paid actress. The reason she came out on top ($34.5M) is because she worked in multiple high grossing movies, like Breaking Dawn and Snow White. Note that the $34.5M figure doesn't include her revenues from Breaking Dawn part 2 (which isn't out yet).

Likewise, Diaz came in second ($34M) by being in several movies: Green Hornet, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bad Teacher. The latter cost only $20M but made $216M, so you can see where her money is coming from (not salary). It is the combination of all these projects that put her in second place, not being the highest paid actress.

By comparison, the actress in 3rd place ($25M), Sandra Bullock, made all that money from one film (her salary for Alfonso Cuaron's film Gravity). She really is high paid compared to those other two.

Just pointing out the distinction.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22151427

Precisely,..and when the Twilight series is over she'll fade out to obscurity and B movies or prob end up with a TV deal. I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.

I wouldn't be so sure... Come back to this thread 10 years from now and we'll talk

·
Registered
29,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1416546/kristen-stewart-cameron-diaz-make-bank-as-forbes-highest-paid-actresses#post_22151427

I can't see her lasting much longer, all her earnings are from Twilight so good for her..get it while it's hot cause it'll be gone.
Snow White and the Huntsman has made over $250 million in only 19 days, demonstrating she can carry a non-Twilight film sucessfully.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
KS hasn't shown exceptional talent...yet.

She doesn't strike me as someone with a lot of charisma and she will need some to keep her career at its current level.

Who knows?

Maybe she will be biggest star in the world in 10 years...or not.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts