AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got the following installed the other day. It sounds great.

Krix Neuphonix fronts

Krix Epicentrix Centre

Krix Stratospherix Rears ceiling

Anthem MCA30 Power Amp 225 watts

One question for all the experts out there. I have the Anthem installed on the 3 channels in front. Before having this setup I would watch a BluRay at roughly -20db and sounds loud enough. With this new setup to get the same effect I need to crank it up a bit more to around -17db on the Pioneer AV. Does this sound right? Why am I having to crank up the volume to hear a bigger sound despite the Power Amp? This was setup by the guys who installed it. So is this supposed to be correct?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Chuna,

My thoughts here may be your previous speakers had a higher sensitivity or even impedance level. See link below:
http://www.krix.com.au/Product/Detail.aspx?p=44&id=1

The Neuphonix are 90dB 2.83v 1m... What were your previous?

And these are nominally 4ohm impedance speakers so I believe they need to driven a bit more (amp wise) to get the volume out compared to say 8ohm speakers. Correct me if wrong though!

Good choice of speakers. I've eyed off the Neuphonix and Epicentrix more than a couple times!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilsy  /t/1471975/krix-neuphonix-and-epicentrix-and-anthem-power-amp#post_23295012

Hey Chuna,

My thoughts here may be your previous speakers had a higher sensitivity or even impedance level. See link below:
http://www.krix.com.au/Product/Detail.aspx?p=44&id=1

The Neuphonix are 90dB 2.83v 1m... What were your previous?

And these are nominally 4ohm impedance speakers so I believe they need to driven a bit more (amp wise) to get the volume out compared to say 8ohm speakers. Correct me if wrong though!

Good choice of speakers. I've eyed off the Neuphonix and Epicentrix more than a couple times!

Hi Nellsy, you have a point there.

Previous ones sensitivity was 92db and they were 8Ohms I believe. They were the Swan FT speakers. So that could be it then.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I'm on the money but could be.

Another thought; you mentioned you had guys set this up for you... They may not have set it up wrong but perhaps different compared to how you used to? Say the +/- on each channel outputs on the receiver and blu-ray if it has individual channel adjustments as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts