AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd really like to see KRMA transmit the "smart Travels" series.

Here is a schedule for the show that was posted in another thread:

Episode #102--Rome will be feed 8/11 through 8/17, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM ET

Episode #103--Venice will feed 8/18 through 8/24, 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM ET

Episode #104--Italian Riviera will fee 8/25 thru 8/31.

Episode #105--Florence will feed 9/1 through 9/7.

Episode #106--Italian Hill Towns will feed 9/8 through 9/14.

#107--Provence, 9/15 - 9/21;

#108--Paris 9/22 - 9/28;

#109--London 9/28 - 10/5;

#110 English Countryside 10/6 - 10/12;

#111--Belgium 10/13 - 10/19;

#112--Netherlands 10/20 - 10/26;

#113--Denmark 10/27 - 11/2.

Nick

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I agree it would be nice to see more of PBS National HD. Hell, even the demo loop for a few hours of the day. The Spirit of Colorado series is nice but for one thing it's not true HD and for another my gosh, it just gets a

little old after awhile (as do unchanging demo loops admittedly). They do seem to do a good job of passing all the specials along that are listed on sites such as the one posted up top, but for some reason those dont show Smart Travels for some reason. That might be why KRMA isnt picking up on it.

I talked with Bud once about the demo loop concept of a few hours per day, but I forgot now why he said they dont do it. At the very least though yeah, the Smart Travels series shouldnt be overlooked at this point.

------------------

Dan

[This message has been edited by DP1 (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious... I've noticed that only select programs (such as Runaway Universe - excellent program) from the from the PBS DTV website schedule http://www.pbs.org/digitaltv/dtvsched.htm are shown on 18. Are there any future plans to fully show programs as in the schedule and the 'Travels' programs, or are there other issues that prevent that?

------------------

Mark Gibson

·
Banned
364 Posts
Mark,

I am supposed to receive email notifications (the same ones that go out to engineering, I think) about upcoming HDTV on KRMA-DT. I've been posting them as I receive them to the Denver Tower thread. It's possible that these shows are "slipping" by the folks at KRMA-DT and maybe it should be us "reminding" them about upcoming shows.

Here are the email contacts that I have at KRMA-DT.

Bud Rath

Director, Network Engineering

[email protected]

Debbie Heilig

Rocky Mountain PBS

Programming

[email protected]

-John

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Moving to HDTV Hardware...

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.