AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hot does this thing run? I've read the fact saying its like 105f, is that hot compared to a similar sized lcd? I'm honestly confused, I would like to order one but want to make sure I'm not going to have problems with this or a giant electric bill .

Thanks for any [email protected]!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshhh /forum/post/16963820

Did you check the official KRP 500 FAQ in the thread below yours?

THis is all the info I have.

# Q. I heard the KRPs get quite hot or give off a lot of heat during use. Is that true?

a. They are warmer than some other plasmas particularly with very bright content. Such content is said to have a high average picture level (APL). Typical 500M glass surface temperature is about 105F.

This doesn't tell me what I want to know. Is this is hot as a 5020 gets? The brochure showed it actually consumed less power. I'm just curious.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo22 /forum/post/16963818

How hot does this thing run? I've read the fact saying its like 105f, is that hot compared to a similar sized lcd? I'm honestly confused, I would like to order one but want to make sure I'm not going to have problems with this or a giant electric bill .

Thanks for any [email protected]!

If you watch one foot away from the screen you might get sunburn. j/k Under normal circumstances you won't notice the heat unless you are up close. During operation it does run hot but that's normal.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Hey

I also have the KRP-500A and when i don't have time for beach i just stand near it.... It's fantastic.
Kidding, no ofense.

This is norma on Plasmas, just buy it while you have a chance and enjoy it.

Don't expect other plasmas to have this performance....

If you think i'm wrong read the reviews.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the KRP and the 5020 .......... I set the power save option to "2"

I appears to run cooler, the PQ is STILL FABULOUS

I've owned 4 Kuro's, you do notice a plasma screen being warmer than a LCD. It was never an issue for myself, I am always sitting 7-10 ft away from the screen. The KRP is a wonderful display, do not hesitate!! Unless there is a direct light source across from it, you will love it.

NO, my electric bill did NOT jump since I've been an owner of two plasma's.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9 /forum/post/16967022

I have the KRP and the 5020 .......... I set the power save option to "2"

I appears to run cooler, the PQ is STILL FABULOUS

I've owned 4 Kuro's, you do notice a plasma screen being warmer than a LCD. It was never an issue for myself, I am always sitting 7-10 ft away from the screen. The KRP is a wonderful display, do not hesitate!! Unless there is a direct light source across from it, you will love it.

NO, my electric bill did NOT jump since I've been an owner of two plasma's.

do you have issues with your panels buzzing?

most pioneer owners do not use power save 2 unless they have the pioneer panel buzz issue. power save 2 may reduce the buzz issue for some owners but the drawback is that it limits the light output. but hey as long as it's looking fabulous to you thats what counts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts