AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help understanding the audio setup for this tv. There is so much info on this site about the krp-500m it is hard for me to have the time to read through it all.

I understand it comes with no speakers and it has an internal 9w amplifier.

What i dont understand about all this is when i am shopping for a surround system should i be looking for NON powered seperate speakers for surround sound?

I know about the side speakers you can buy seperately but at those prices may as well put the money into better surround sound. Will a HTIB work on this set up?

Thanks for any info you can provide and sorry for the noob questions

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd suggest you take a look at bodosom's FAQ since it does address your question:

Q. Can I connect powered speakers to the speaker outputs?

a. It's unwise to make a direct connection. A level converter is normally required.

So if you're going to use a receiver with the surround setup, then you are good to go. If you plan to hook up speakers directly to the TV, then they should not be powered. If they are powered, then you need a level converter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.