AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this new product on madisound.com


http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=8736


Pretty heft power with two 500Watts and a 200Watt channel. (Note there is a DDC 1000Watt option with two 1000Watt ch and a 500W ch!!! WOW!)


24-bit / 96KHz, 28-bit Coefficients.

16 Configurable Biquad Filters per Channel.

Dual Threshold Compressor/Limitors per Channel.

Speaker Correction Aid Utilizing actual speaker

response.


At around $2600 for two 3-way speakers is steep but its the first 3-way plate amp with DSP I have seen. My 6 amp channels and DCX Cost me about $1500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/18263454


Just noticed this new product on madisound.com


http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=8736


Pretty heft power with two 500Watts and a 200Watt channel. (Note there is a DDC 1000Watt option with two 1000Watt ch and a 500W ch!!! WOW!)


24-bit / 96KHz, 28-bit Coefficients.

16 Configurable Biquad Filters per Channel.

Dual Threshold Compressor/Limitors per Channel.

Speaker Correction Aid Utilizing actual speaker

response.


At around $2600 for two 3-way speakers is steep but its the first 3-way plate amp with DSP I have seen. My 6 amp channels and DCX Cost me about $1500.

If you can get an in with an oem you can get them for about half of that even at sample prices. Plate amps seem like a better option for commercial products that require an all-in-one "tidier" solution. Just too expensive and not very convenient for the average diyer.


It's a cool product though with a nice software package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
On a side note, I ordered the minidsp board. With input and output levels suited for home use it could be a nice option. Cheap too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger /forum/post/18263659


If you can get an in with an oem you can get them for about half of that even at sample prices. Plate amps seem like a better option for commercial products that require an all-in-one "tidier" solution. Just too expensive and not very convenient for the average diyer.


It's a cool product though with a nice software package.

Hmmm....how do I do that??? Maybe Mark Seaton can help us out??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger /forum/post/18263694


On a side note, I ordered the minidsp board. With input and output levels suited for home use it could be a nice option. Cheap too.

Where did you order it? Is it just the board or is it a kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/18264714


Where did you order it? Is it just the board or is it a kit?

It's just the board and a few cables, but the only thing it needs is a mini usb adapter to power it, like an ipod charger or such. An enclosure could be built from some scrap wood. I ordered directly from minidsp . I should know in a couple weeks how it does. Hopefully shelving filters will be available by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger /forum/post/18265080


It's just the board and a few cables, but the only thing it needs is a mini usb adapter to power it, like an ipod charger or such. An enclosure could be built from some scrap wood. I ordered directly from minidsp . I should know in a couple weeks how it does. Hopefully shelving filters will be available by then.

Cool, I remember that link I think from DIY audio. Please keep me updated on it!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top