AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time UHF Broadcaster KSCI TV channel 18 licensed to Long Beach California, has begun broadcasting it's Analog, and now Digital TV signal on channel 61 from their new transmission site at Mt. Harvard California. Mt Harvard is located 1 mile Southeast of Mt. Wilson California where most of the TV stations in Los Angeles transmit their signal from.

The signal includes two separate channels, with more channels to follow. The first channel is the simulcast of channel 18 programs. The second channel is being used to test the features of the ATSC TV system. Additional programming will be on air at a later date.

At this time no HDTV is planned for the near future.

A website is located at www.kscitv.com

Any reception comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, I can see both channels just fine from Irvine using the Silver Sensor antenna indoors. However, I barely speak English let alone all those other languages broadcast on KSCI, so I didn't add this one to my favorites! :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
I assume that is what is showing up as 18.1 and 18.2 on my Sony HD100. Strength seems fine, but I have audio only on 18.1 (the same audio as analog 18) and nothing on 18.2. The Sony has known issues with PSIP and multicasting, what should I expect to see and hear on these channels?.

Tony

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The second channel is up for testing. Color Bars and Tone, or a block reel of commercials is played during the midnight shift. PSIP can be troublesome and you may have dial up channel 61 manually. This facility is all serial digital but depends on the clients for the quality of some programming.

thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.