AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen that KTXA is showing HDNET tonight? I thought I had the wrong channel, but that's what they're showing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Noel

I noticed this as well. PQ seems to be better than on ch199.

By the way , do you know what's happened to 21-2? I get a very high signal strength, but no picture or sound on 21-2. What are you recieving?

Jeff

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jggar

21-2 has been of the air for a week or so, I noticed that when I rescanned and the channel didn't come back on. Maybe they're trying to get a better picture in 1080i...Have you been remapped to channel 70 on channel 33?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think this is great! I have written both UPN 21-1 and HD-Net a thank you letter and hope they continue this for all of us without HD direct TV.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Reveille
I think this is great! I have written both UPN 21-1 and HD-Net a thank you letter and hope they continue this for all of us without HD direct TV.
Where did you write to, I would like to do the same thing? This is the best advancement in a long time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the more repsonses they get the better. If they know people are watching they will continue to run it. This can only help HDTV for everyone. If this channel is on at all stores than more televisions are likely to be sold. The more televisions on the market the more likely other stations will increase thier programming. If this is successful here it will likely spread to other cities and increase the number of viewers of HDTV around the country making advertisers aware of our prescence.

Lets let them here our approval.

Here is who to write to at UPN 21
[email protected]

At HD-Net you can write to mark directly
[email protected]

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here in LA we don't have HDNET yet... but I think the biggest thing to come out of this deal is that we can FINALLY record HDNET... in addition to HBO/Showtime and other TV Networks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks, I just sent in my e-mail. Any info on how long this marriage will continue?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It appears that paradise came to an end during tonight's baseball game and 21.1 has pulled the plug on HD-Net. I for one am very disappointed and feel we should write to tell them how much we enjoyed the HD-Net programming and wish it would continue. Since there are virtually no programs on UPN that are in HDTV they are losing nothing as we can watch other programs on standard channel 21.

Lets let them here our approval of HD-Net on 21.1 by emailing them at the following addresses.

Here is who to write to at UPN 21
[email protected]

At HD-Net you can write to mark directly
[email protected]

·
Registered
838 Posts
I thought they weren't legally allowed to simply rebroadcast everything due to DirecTV's sports contracts? Maybe that is why it got shut down...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been watching off and on since Saturday and sometimes they go back to their regular programming and then switch back to HDnet. So just because it's gone right now does not mean that it's not coming back.

Phil

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here is my email to Tammy at KTVT.

It's indefinite at this point. At this time, we do not have any "regularly

scheduled" programming in true HD on UPN 21. We do have some movies that

are now being provided in HD and when those air, we will break away from

HDNet. Xtreme Motion our weekly half hour extreme sports show is going to

be in true HD beginning in July and we'll air that in true HD.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

How long will this continue? Thank you for such a quick response on my

first

e-mail.

"Salinas, Tammy S" wrote:

> Thank you for your email regarding programming on UPN 21 and our digital

> broadcast. I'm glad you are enjoying the HDNet programming on 21.1. Thanks

> again for taking the time to write, we appreciate your comments.

>

> >

> Tammy,

>

> To all who is involved with simulcasting HDNet on KTXA, a million and

> one thanks. I do not have HDNet on DirectTV and I have heard a great

> many things about it, and this past weekend I saw HD material on the

> 21.1 channel and then went to AVSforum to find out what was going and to

> my surprise I found out that KTXA was simucasting the HDNet feed. I

> think this is a great opportunity for viewer who live in DFW to see what

> HDTV is all about. Great job and kudos to you all.

>

> Thanks again,

> Michael

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just found out why HDNET was not on KTXA last night. Here is what I found out from Tammy at KTVT.

Thank you for your email. When HDNet is in sports programming, we are not

licensed to carry those games and we will revert back to our up converted

signal.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ok fair enough, but what if it is a Ranger's game and KTXA is broadcasting

that

night with HDNET will the KTXA-DT air the HD feed or the SD feed.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 4:10 PM

To: Salinas, Tammy S

Subject: Re: HDNet on KTXA!!

We would carry our SD feed.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is all well and good, unless you were looking forward to those SD feeds of regular shows (i.e. Buffy, Enterprise). As I'm looking right now, the HDNet has priority over the rerun of Enterprise (which isn't showing at all). Is this the same for the new airings on Wednesday nights?

Tim

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey there! I don't watch this forum enough. I just happened upon "HDNet on KTVT" last night. Very nice! Of course, if I would only get up on that roof and put up the oval dish I could get it all of the time!

I noticed they broke off when HDNet went to a rebroadcast of the Bellmont Stakes. I would be surprised if this was covered by any kind of "sports broadcasting" limitations, but maybe it was.

My kids love the "Texas Wild" broadcast, so I am set to have them sit down and see it as a scheduled time next Monday -- hopefully. It also shows during the day on our ABC afiliate here, but with no set schedule.

Thanks to Mark and KTVT for adding more fun for all of us here in the DFW area!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
After several days of checking it appears to me that HDNet is not on UPN21 during primetime, which is when I am typically available to watch. Instead there are upconverts of such shows as "Martin", etc.

Did any of you get any sense of a schedule for this (albeit without sports programming?). I would love to let the kids watch "Texas Wild" this evening and the "Super Dave" thing but have very little confidence that it will be one.

Need to get the oval dish up....

·
Registered
68 Posts
After watching it for a week or so...I get these basic rules:

7-10pm weekdays are usually UPN programming, but they seem to not care when the switch is flicked...maybe since it's summer. The first or last 10 minutes of the show might be missed if they cut to primetime late or HDnet too early.

Weekends are mostly UPN programming, but this might be due to the movies they show...

All other times (I haven't checked latenight yet) seem to be HDNet, whose schedule is on www.hd.net

Tim

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It was HDNet all this evening. "Texas Wild" and "Wyoming Wild" for the kids, and a questionable (but in HD!) Super Dave movie. Maybe our e-mail input is getting them to leave it on more? Or maybe they just leave it alone on nights when there is no sports? Anyway, very pleased tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.