AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I received 13 frames from Frame USA and I'm absolutely satisfied. I've been sitting on a collection of movie posters for years. The hallway in our basement leading to the HT will now be complete. FYI I purchased the Corporate Wide series. I'll try to post some pics after I get them hung.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have the same frames and am also very satisfied.

A few of mine came with damaged plexi, but they were very easy to deal with and sent out replacements very quickly.

I'd definitely buy from them again. The one downside is the 7-10 day lead time. You can order stock frames from one of their sister sites, but they are a bit more expensive per frame.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15573268

Today, I received 13 frames from Frame USA and I'm absolutely satisfied. I've been sitting on a collection of movie posters for years. The hallway in our basement leading to the HT will now be complete. FYI I purchased the Corporate Wide series. I'll try to post some pics after I get them hung.

Is that offer on measuring the frame size still good? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks limulus.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid_68 /forum/post/15573831

Is that offer on measuring the frame size still good? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks limulus.

I knew there was something I was supposed to do! Here ya go:

42.5" x 30.5". The frame width is 2" Also, the description refers to them as Eco friendly wood composite. They appear to be MDF.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis /forum/post/15573824

I have the same frames and am also very satisfied.

A few of mine came with damaged plexi, but they were very easy to deal with and sent out replacements very quickly.

I'd definitely buy from them again. The one downside is the 7-10 day lead time. You can order stock frames from one of their sister sites, but they are a bit more expensive per frame.

It was actually your HT thread that led me to these. Also, my order was placed on Dec 29 and I just got them today. Their order confirmation said Jan 16 and they were right on the money.

Edit:

One other thing: My frames were wrapped in about 100ft of bubble wrap, I'm serious. Also, they had protective plastic film over both sides of the plexi.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15574053

42.5" x 30.5". The frame width is 2" Also, the description refers to them as Eco friendly wood composite. They appear to be MDF.

Awesome, thanks limulus.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and a photo:

·
Registered
168 Posts
How well are these frames put together at the joints? Fit and Finish ... They look nice in the photos.

I have about 15 or so autographed 8x10's that I'd like to mat and frame with the Corporate Series 11x14 frames ...

Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC /forum/post/15668462

How well are these frames put together at the joints? Fit and Finish ... They look nice in the photos.

I have about 15 or so autographed 8x10's that I'd like to mat and frame with the Corporate Series 11x14 frames ...

Thanks

They were very nice. The mitered corners were very tight. There is a sawtooth hanger that you have to install on the back. Be careful when you hammer those on and make sure there is something solid under the frame but also a layer of some fabric so you don't scratch the frame. If you nail them on while the frame is on carpet, you can cause the frame to twist and that will pull the joints apart.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15668946

They were very nice. The mitered corners were very tight. There is a sawtooth hanger that you have to install on the back. Be careful when you hammer those on and make sure there is something solid under the frame but also a layer of some fabric so you don't scratch the frame. If you nail them on while the frame is on carpet, you can cause the frame to twist and that will pull the joints apart.

Thanks Limulus ... I'll more than likely put an order in with them ...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few more pics of the smaller frames I bought:

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15677689

Thanks for these pics ...

The smaller frames really look good for the $ ... Are they the Corporate Wide Series as well? They look to be so ...

thanks,

TIM

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC /forum/post/15724332

The smaller frames really look good for the $ ... Are they the Corporate Wide Series as well? They look to be so ...

thanks,

TIM

Also, how do the backs attached on the smaller frames? I want to have enough room for my custom double matting, a 8x10 photo, and then some sort of card stock between the 8x10 and the backing plate ...

Is there any way you could snap a picture of the back of these smaller frames?

Thanks,

TIM

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are all Corp Wide. The smallest are 11x17. The 50' Woman is another size I can't recall and the four large posters are standard movie posters.

Little metal tabs bend to hold the back on. They come with little sawtooth hangers that you have to install or you can install eye screws and picture wire but that isn't supplied.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_in_NC /forum/post/15724332

thanks,

TIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15724952

They are all Corp Wide. The smallest are 11x17. The 50' Woman is another size I can't recall and the four large posters are standard movie posters.

Little metal tabs bend to hold the back on. They come with little sawtooth hangers that you have to install or you can install eye screws and picture wire but that isn't supplied.

Thanks ... Do you think there is enough room for my double matting?

·
Registered
229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15677689

Love the retro movie poster look..nice job! Do have a link for where the posters were purchased?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got my retro posters at allposters.com Also movieposter.com has them.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus /forum/post/15574053

i went to Frame USA and didn't see that size listed as an option. So I entered the measurements for a custom frame and it responded by saying that the max length is 36". How did you find this size?

Good find, thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspguy /forum/post/15954010

i went to Frame USA and didn't see that size listed as an option. So I entered the measurements for a custom frame and it responded by saying that the max length is 36". How did you find this size?

Good find, thanks for the lead!

The measurements I provided earlier were the actual exterior measurements of the frame. The size you order is the actual poster size which I've pasted below with the part number:

Corporate Wide

Color : Black Satin

Size : 27x39

1 - 20 of 40 Posts