AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The service plan is the best 5.99 a month I've spent. I had a DTC-100 for a few years, then got the service plan about 12 months ago. After problems developed with the DTC100 about 5 months ago, I was sent a refurbed Toshiba DST-3000. This week I called with an audio problem on OTA channels on the Toshiba, they sent out a refurb'd Samsung TS-160.

They should call it the Unlimited Upgrade Plan.:D

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arxaw
The "eBay upgrade plan" works well for me.
Me2

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My Hughes E86 has a 2-year warranty. I'm covered for 13 more months.

My original Sony SAT-A2 is still going strong. I now use it on my bedroom TV. And I payed more for it in 1996 than I did last year for my E86.

I know there's a comfort level in buying service plans and extended warranties, but I have a hard time justifying them in my mind. I guess I prefer to remain self insured beyond the warranty period and keep the extra money in my pocket. But, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I also have had a somewhat good experience with the D* service plan. I was experiencing frequent dropouts on one of my receivers, caused by a bad dish. It took them two trips, but on the second trip they removed my old dish/external multiswitch and installed a new dish with the internal multiswitch. They screwed up the wiring, preventing me from getting OTA on one of my STBs, but thankfully it was an SD STB that I can get the locals from D* anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.