AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an unusual and interesting discovery when surfing the DT channels this morning here in Houston.

I came across KUHT-DT (PBS 9.1) which is quite unusual as I am only using my "Silver Sensor" antenna that came with my AccessDTV card. For folks who don't live in Houston, in the past KUHT-DT was broadcasting via only VHF and from my understanding, the silver sensor is a UHF-only antenna.

Have they changed from VHF to UHF or am I somehow receiving VHF on the SS?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi... Was wondering as it started working again for me out this far, well actually last night my Sat "C" kit finally arrived and needless to say I had to install it, after getting the "SHOHD" turned on, I looked at the OTA stations and wow, PBS Digital was working again, as I figured this far out I was luckey to even see them anytime with a active antenna, as it turned out I can see all the OTA digital signals from the Houton stations (and WB is comming in the fall?). Understand I live in a apartment, on the wrong side (north, luckey to have the dish put out let alone a real TV antenna), anyway no matter how, I'm very happy to have PBS HD back again.

BTW after reading all the posts on the "Kit" mine was actually PLUG AND PLAY, some times you can win.

Take care... and maybe some who knows can tell us if they are now on UHF and my receiver is still maping to 8-1 here.

Stay Curious..... ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.