AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought kung fu hustle @ bb 2 for 1 sale. I've never seen it and haven't seen any funny martial arts films. But I do like martial arts. Is there anyone who felt like me, who recommends this movie.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Worth having, I'd say. If you like martial arts movies, then it's a nice break from the serious kind. Fights are well done, but over-the-top with some CGI. The characters are all entertaining (each has a rather silly specialization of sorts). If you like this one, take a gander at Shaolin Soccer, it's a little better, imo (they need a BR release on that one!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

I saw a trailer or something and looks like it may be super stupid.

But,.. you may like it. I might even like it, but it did look amazingly dumb.

-Brian

my thoughts were the same. but people continually say it's good. I guess I'll open it and watch it. Especially if since the pq and aq are pretty good.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I love KFH and it's the first BD I knew I had to have, I'd been considering getting the DVD despite my moratorium on DVD purchases.

It's a little slapsticky in some ways but really it's a clever comedy that doesn't play to the lowest common denominator. There are some really nicely written gags.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love this movie...just be sure to watch it in it's original language.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
KFH was pretty good. I enjoyed it as it was very entertaining. The PQ and AQ (Cantonese Uncompressed) were very good. Even more satisfying is that I got it as part of BB's BOGO offer going on this week.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

I saw a trailer or something and looks like it may be super stupid.

But,.. you may like it. I might even like it, but it did look amazingly dumb.

-Brian

Well, it's a comedy and a kung fu movie. My friend described it as the Looney Toons of Kung Fu because of the CGI and some elements, and I agree. It's very funny and even my wife liked it, which is saying something when you consider that she hates kung fu movies and especially kung fu movies with subtitles.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj /forum/post/0

I love KFH and it's the first BD I knew I had to have, I'd been considering getting the DVD despite my moratorium on DVD purchases.

So far it's the only BD I've bought on the day of release.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone for answering. I watched it tonight and enjoyed it. my wife liked it even more than I. It took me a moment to get past the slapstick especially the running,, but after a while the story actually kinda hooked me. will watch it again very soon.

·
Registered
594 Posts
it's one of the funniest movies i've seen. for another movie just like it, look into shaolin soccer - same star - but it's not on BD yet. asian comedy - translated incorrectly - usually looses alot of its punchline and content but then again what isn't with dubbed movies. however, the above two movies have great special effects so it's definitely worth it on BD.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

Great movie, lots of fun. What's more, how can anyone say they not like it without actually seeing it?

I as well love this movie. It's hilarious when it tries to be, it's uniquely sentimental when it tries to be, the fights are excellent, and the story is quite good. Some people judge movies such as this without having the slightest idea of what it's really about. Most of these people are probably in the crowd of those who buy crap movies like Crank and Stealth without hesitation. These people may want to consider an operation to reverse their lobotomy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Excellent little film,

loved my old Region3 DVD..

I keep hearing about how the PQ and AQ are excellent on the US release, but can anyone confirm that the uncut Japanese RegionA version contains the same quality transfer ??

Cheers

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.