AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.hdtvreview.com/news/2010/...-for-ces-2011/

Ironically - I came here looking for info and I found this posted on one of the Audi forums I am on:

The Consumer Electronics Show is only two months away and already several companies are starting to announce the new products that will make their debut at the show. The latest announcement comes from Panasonic as they unveiled their new ZT30 series. Panasonic is stating that this series will be the new flagship model for the company due to its wireless 3D technology and KURO technology from Pioneer. There is little known about this series, but the main feature is that it will be the first to be able to display 3D content through a wireless connection. Panasonic will officially reveal the ZT30 series at CES in Las Vegas, January 6-9,

·
Banned
568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 /forum/post/19635676

...the main feature is that it will be the first to be able to display 3D content through a wireless connection.

Yay! Pointless features for Panny to tout as "unique" so they can inflate the price of the TV beyond our reach. I'm so not excited... How about Panny stop dragging their feet, and just release a barebones-2011 KURO, instead of tacking on sillyness

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Will if it really does incorporate kuro technology... the parts that made a kuro a kuro at least, then the addition of 3-D on top of that can't be a bad thing. Last year they also "incorporated kuro technology" but we all saw how much that mattered. If it does away with rising and floating blacks that'll be impressive, although I have a feeling this might be z series pricing (if you remember how much those cost in '09).

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor /forum/post/19635779

Not too thrilled with the silver bezel = distracting ... I prefer black so I'll just wait til they release a black one without the 3D gimmicks...

The silver VT this year was only at Best Buy so it's likely that it'll be in other colors other places or at least the other Panny lines won't be silver.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not a fan of silver either. Looks cheap.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Prestige /forum/post/19636055

Holy crap people, the TV in that picture is the Z1 from 2009. It is not a 2011 model.

This rumor is old btw. Don't expect any sort of Pioneer technology in Panasonic plasmas. Panny wants to do its own thing.

So I shouldn't worry about my new PRO-101FD becoming completely obsolete in a few months?

·
Registered
627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPlusTwo /forum/post/19636204

So I shouldn't worry about my new PRO-101FD becoming completely obsolete in a few months?

Not even a few years.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Prestige /forum/post/19636055

Holy crap people, the TV in that picture is the Z1 from 2009. It is not a 2011 model.

This rumor is old btw. Don't expect any sort of Pioneer technology in Panasonic plasmas. Panny wants to do its own thing.

Voice of reason. I was wondering when someone would notice that the picture is that of an old 2009 TC-P54Z1

Panasonic didn't seem to use any Pioneer technology in their 2010 lineup, but it does appear that they used some of it ON the G25 and VT25 - in the form of the very Kuro-like Anti-Reflective Filter bonded to the face of their non-Pioneer NeoPDP panel. These two models look closer to a Pioneer than any other Panasonic ever made.

It's been said here that Panasonic uses a very different method of driving the panel and that switching to the Pioneer method would probably not be feasible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts