AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seemed to have been hit with the blue blink problem, happened rarely at first.. all the time now. I figured it was the faulty 5 pin voltage regulator, but I'm not so sure now.

I followed the directions here for testing the pins:

I snagged an aww1353 on ebay a while back and just got around to putting it in thinking that would solve the issue. Fired up the TV and it worked! Powered it off and on again.... 8 blinks again!

Pin 5: control
Pin 4: Vin (should be 3.3v)
Pin 3: GND
Pin 2: Vout (should be 1.8v)
Pin 1: NC

I've tested the pins during the power up of the tv:

Pin 4 (Vin) is 3.3V until the tv clicks and goes into shutdown mode, then goes to 0v.
Pin 2 (Vout) is 1.8v until the tv clicks and goes into shutdown mode, then goes to 0v.

So it doesn't seem like the voltage regulator is the issue, because I'm getting 1.8v out before shutdown. The guy in the youtube video shows getting 0v out, even with 3.3V in.

Something else must be causing the tv to shutdown mode.

Any of you folks seen this behaviour before?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Scott i have exact same issue as you. "fired up the TV and it worked! Powered it off and on again.... 8 blinks again!"

What i have done which btw did not work is sent my aww1353 board for repair to http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/aww1353/
They repaired it and tv worked until i shut it down and issue is back so it appears mine and your issue are same. There is guy on ebay that is asking for both boards aww1353 and main board as well so it's possible that aww1353 is good and there is an issue with main board. Since my aw1353 was fixed i'm thinking it's main board so issue resides somewhere else.

Check this here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Serv...5f01350&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=111335719072

So anyone else had this issue. My dilemma now is either to have both boards shipped to this guy or maybe i should just have local tv repair guy stop by and fix it.
Problem is i'm not confident local repair guy will know how to fix this issue permanently. Any advise would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts