240 Posts
come in close for a little secret

(it was a joke)

·
Registered
430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/18102820

The 2010 Panasonics are a hybrid of Panasonic and Pioneer tech. Cell structure is more similar to Pioneer than any Panasonic. Drive software is more similar to Panasonic than Pioneer. I think you can figure the answer out from that info

that was from the 2010 topic. definitely helps indicate that there are some pioneer-like improvements. As to how much of an improvement remains to be seen...

Also there's been some debate in that topic about how much the panels/phosphors differ between the S/G/V series.

·
Registered
950 Posts
He mention 5090 Kuro. Doesnt he know that Kuro KRP 500M has even greater blacks? If Pansonic calls this "infinite blacks" they should have a look at mine Kuro 500M. It is beyond infinite....

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by surap /forum/post/18155344

He mention 5090 Kuro. Doesnt he know that Kuro KRP 500M has even greater blacks? If Pansonic calls this "infinite blacks" they should have a look at mine Kuro 500M. It is beyond infinite....

Agree. He did state it was the same technology as the 5090.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does this theoretically mean that the 2010 will be showing the strengths of both Kuro and Panasonic 2009 panels?

Personally, what I am truly interested in what panasonic is calling "CRT" or Cross talk reduction technology which in theory reduces the phosphor lag time by around 66% which is pretty big. Given the fact that I am sensitive to the lag and I cancelled a V10 order, I have pretty big expectations from the VT25

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unap16 /forum/post/18155700

Does this theoretically mean that the 2010 will be showing the strengths of both Kuro and Panasonic 2009 panels?

Personally, what I am truly interested in what panasonic is calling "CRT" or Cross talk reduction technology which in theory reduces the phosphor lag time by around 66% which is pretty big. Given the fact that I am sensitive to the lag and I cancelled a V10 order, I have pretty big expectations from the VT25

From the info on Panasonic's website CRT seems to involve two seperate techs:

1 - new fast phosphors

2 - reverse subfield order

This reverse subfield order is interesting in that it will theoretically eliminate cross-talk but I'm not sure it will help with green/yellow trails. I'll have to think about it some more.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox /forum/post/18155932

From the info on Panasonic's website CRT seems to involve two seperate techs:

1 - new fast phosphors

2 - reverse subfield order

This reverse subfield order is interesting in that it will theoretically eliminate cross-talk but I'm not sure it will help with green/yellow trails. I'll have to think about it some more.

To me, the new phosphor will make it or break it. All other features to me are supplementary, however that one is mandatory.

So in the end I would be curious to know which models are integrated with their new phosphor tech.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unap16 /forum/post/18155949

To me, the new phosphor will make it or break it. All other features to me are supplementary, however that one is mandatory.

So in the end I would be curious to know which models are integrated with their new phosphor tech.

Regarding green/yellow trails (not crosstalk), in current Plasma displays the Red and Green phosphors decay over 1000 times slower than the blue phosphor. So theoretically, reducing the decay by 2/3 won't solve the problem. However, the absolute decay time may be short enough that our eyes cannot detect it.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox /forum/post/18156013

Regarding green/yellow trails (not crosstalk), in current Plasma displays the Red and Green phosphors decay over 1000 times slower than the blue phosphor. So theoretically, reducing the decay by 2/3 won't solve the problem. However, the absolute decay time may be short enough that our eyes cannot detect it.

I just want it reduced so that it becomes more imperceptible to my "anal" eyes.

Also if I am not mistaken, as the panel ages the trails get shorter and shorter.

·
Registered
950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unap16 /forum/post/18155949

I think zero-idle luminance will be what people are looking for. At least what I am looking for. Though I agree that new phosphor sounds promising.

·
Registered
240 Posts
haha...fair enough. Glad you took it in stride though. this forum could use more light-hearted people

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by surap /forum/post/18155344

If you look under the Panasonic plasma in the video, you can make out the small print:

Infinite blacks good for the first 200 hrs.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Who cares about Panasonic's black level claims. Will they double after a certain number or hours and be considered"within the norm"?

Until they fix the mess they have made with this year's models they have absolutely no credibility.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.