AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone want to speculate on what additional features the successor to the 34XBR800 might have? What features would you like to see and how can the 34XBR800 be improved?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sony usually releases new sets around August.

·
Registered
421 Posts
will there be another version of the 34? for sure?

How much longer will direct views last? I'm pro-direct view, and I'm not a huge fan of lcd or plasma, but they are both getting much better, and much cheaper... not to mention the "cool" factor - which makes or breaks products. I tend to think that the kv34xbr800 might be one of the last big direct views offered. I don't know about *the* last, but soon they'll be gone. gone way of the cassette and vhs tapes. (still around, but not the number 1 seller?)

ok, I digress off topic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do WEGA's still have the "cool" factor? I noticed a year or so ago, most of the major shows, like Entertainment Tonight or news channels, use to have a WEGA in the background...are they not "in" anymore?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the widescreen directview IS COOL. ...but when i mention to my friends that i'm looking at an hdtv they ask if its a plasma/lcd, then they tell me that they are going get one of those instead, one day. Go to a store and look at how many people are gathered around the plasma display area vs the directviews.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
What they're missing as they gather round the plasmas is that the sharpest picture, at this time, is still Direct View.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That and the fact that most of them are going to wait until the can get a quality plasma from around $2000.00.... They might be waiting a long time. In the mean time I will enjoy my direct view XBR.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DuckMuck
Do WEGA's still have the "cool" factor? I noticed a year or so ago, most of the major shows, like Entertainment Tonight or news channels, use to have a WEGA in the background...are they not "in" anymore?
Well, they have a bit more budget for "cool" than most of us :)

Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.