AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what settings people were using for this set. I keep switching between standard and movie.

Interlaced, Progressive or Cinemotion. I cant really tell a big difference between these.

Any help with settings would be appreciated.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cycy2
I was curious what settings people were using for this set. I keep switching between standard and movie.

Interlaced, Progressive or Cinemotion. I cant really tell a big difference between these.

Any help with settings would be appreciated.
I have a 34XBR800 and it has similar options.

I pretty much use Standard and Cinemotion for everything.

Phil

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cycy2

I use Pro, because that's the mode that I tweaked in through the user and service menus. I switch between DRC modes depending on what I'm watching. Interlaced for the NTSC from my TiVo, Progressive for my Xbox, Cinemotion for my DVDs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeff lam
Pro will have the closest settings to NTSC standards.
I thought that Movie was supposed to be the closest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"Interlaced" DRC mode scales the video to 960i, and "Cinemotion" scales it to 480p. Cinemotion also recognizes 3:2 pulldown, and reverses it, the same way a progressive scan DVD player works. (It kicks in when you're watching something filmed in 24 fps).

·
Registered
65 Posts
...So "Interlaced" is a line-doubler, and "Cinemotion" is a de-interlacer?

I'm confused...

Is there a site/FAQ for these little HDTV technology bits?

::

·
Registered
52 Posts
What I don't understand is if you are supposed to use progressive or cinemotion settings when using a progressive source such as dvd, why then is DRC switching disabled with the component inputs. Does anyone understand what the reason is for this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
DRC does work on the component inputs. But if you are using a progressive scan DVD player, it doesn't do anything. (The DVD player does the work instead.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.