Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just purchased a Sony KV34XBR910 and am racking my brains out with all the possibilites of components to purchase. I have some technical questions and hope they can be answered.

I want to get the best quality I can from a DVD player, and definitely want DVI. Does anyone know how well the KV34XBR910 handles the D -> A conversion through the DVI input? My reason for asking is I was wondering if it is possible to get just as good of a signal (or better) from a high-end DVD player hooked up through component.

I have been checking out the Marantz player and some Denon models. I have heard that the Marantz has a better MPEG decoder, while the Denon handles progressive scan better. If this is true, what would the better player be?

So far I am only blown away by the potential of this TV, as I have yet to see a breathtaking image. I want to desperately! I just want to make sure whatever I buy is something I'm going to want for awhile.

Another thing I read recently is that the KV34XBR910 was made specifically for HDTV. I assume this is why DRC (line doubler) is always in use??? Why wouldn't Sony let that be a selectable feature? Doesn't this make 480i signals, especially ones that are not very good quality, look like crap? I played Tetris on the Nintendo 64 and it looked weird. There was an extra line, about one pixel high, above all the pieces.

I guess my main question is, since I want to get the best possible picture from my TV, should I purchase a DVD player, or an HD receiver? And which one? Does anyone know about the new Denon player, the DVD-5900?

Thanks much,

Jesse

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.