Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I made the right Decision?

I have purchased the KV40XBR800 instead of the KF50XBR800 GWII and I have till wed morning to Change my mind and get the KF instead.

4:3 instead of 16:9, 40†instead of 50â€, 27†thick instead of 16â€, 315lbs instead of 120lbs. All of these points are making rethink my decision. The main reason I picked the KV over the KF was PQ and versatility. Right now I am watching a 32†5 year old low end Sony and the picture is pretty good, so going to a 40†XBR should a been a big improvement in both size and quality. Also I used the $1,000 savings to buy a High End Yamaha DTS receiver.

So have I made the right decision?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It sounds like you already know all the pros and cons, so the only person who can know the right decision is you. You can't find out from someone else. But if you have made the purchase and are still rethinking, then it sounds like your decision was either wrong or too swift...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was (am) in the same boat. If the 40" was to be my only set for all viewing (tv, DVD) and was to provide the "theater" set-up for movies, I would have moved up to the 50". However, as a few weeks have elapsed, the 40" is used as a family room set and used of a lot of regular TV (4:3), games and some HD in the evening. I have a larger set for "movie nights" elsewhere, so the 40" is a great catch all set.

Also, the pq cannot be beat, and although the size is different, the weight ois only a factor when it is installed and the extra 10" of depth is not that bad, depending on placement. I think the decision is based on vewing habits - and for all around utility, the 40XBR800 is great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I concur w/ Ksoza. I'm buying the 40XBR800 specifically for the family room setting. my wife watches a bunch of 4:3 content and having the best PQ and view from varying angles really matters. my only dilemna is how to support it since i can't use the default stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.