AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my basement theater setup. A photo is better than a thousand words. Here are the photos for your leisure viewing.
Equipment:-
Panasonic front projector (PTA-2000U)
Carada (brilliant white 120 inches diagonal fix screen)
Paradigm speakers (Studio series)
Definition 15 inches power subwoofer (500 rms)
Oppo blue ray disc player (BDP83)
Outlaws preamp (av processor 990)
Rotel power amp (200 rms x 5 channels)
Cariden solid silver speaker cable for the front right & left speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Your system looks very clean. That Rotel is a beast. They make great equipment. I have a number of Rotel units from the late 1070s that still sound great.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jnn29, Thank you for your compliment.
Just saw the photos of your posting on 2/15/2010. Have you added or upgrade anything since then? Do share with us.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jnnt29, Yeah.........I like my Rotel power amp. It is powerful that can shake the house and never produce static noise if no bass signal input to it. I have it for years and it never give me trouble. It is still working fine.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Jnn29, Thank you for your compliment.
Just saw the photos of your posting on 2/15/2010. Have you added or upgrade anything since then? Do share with us.
My last page has my updated system. I should post a updated picture to the first page as well. JT

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
JT, Got it.
You have a big wall that can add a hugh projection screen in front of the TV and AV gears at your present. You can then enjoy hugh size movie now. No need to wait till retirement 4 years later at your 2nd home.
I like your 2nd home (1 single level Ranch, so no need to climb stairs). How many rooms ? Can you show me the floor plan? You can email me at [email protected].
I am thinking of down sizing my home at present. I have a single family home with 4 bed room with 4 full baths. Kids had moved out and have their own family for years. Only my wife and I living in. I am now searching for +55 aged town home, luxury apartment or condo in Central New Jersey where I am living in. Your new Range style home showing on the photo looks simple, neat and right size for me and my wife. A real nice ranch you built.
Kwok Lau

1 - 6 of 6 Posts