AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want HD badly. But, I get absolutely no over-the-air reception. and I don't want a satellite. Thus my only HD choice is through cable, which has been neglected by ATT Broadband.

Now that I have Comcast, I hear that they have the best HD programming of cable companies.

I plan on calling them, but I expect them to be absolutely clueless, as all the ATT Broadband employees certainly were.

-(I say HDTV, they say HGTV)-

If so, then what are the details for the newly converted Los Angeles areas? Availabilty? Pricing? Channels? etc.

Please help, Thanks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smirnoffski
Now that I have Comcast, I hear that they have the best HD programming of cable companies.

If so, then what are the details for the newly converted Los Angeles areas? Availabilty? Pricing? Channels? etc.

Please help, Thanks.
According to the Comcast website, here is a list of areas offering HDTV via cable:

"HDTV service currently is available to more than 11 million homes in the following Comcast service areas: Danbury, Conn.; central and northern New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pa.; Reading, Pa.; Boston, Mass.; Washington, D.C./Metro Virginia; Atlanta, Ga.; southeast Michigan, including the Detroit and Flint areas; Sarasota, Fla.; Baltimore, Md.; Indianapolis, Ind.; Nashville, Tenn.; central Pennsylvania, including the Carlisle, Harrisburg, Hershey, Lancaster and Lebanon areas; and Knoxville, Tenn."

We just recently got HDTV via Comcast here in Atlanta, so they are adding service in former AT&T areas. Give them a call, maybe there is something in the works for your area as well. I am very happy to have HD via cable but would like more channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.