AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Working on an office/media room setup for secondary viewing in my house. This is NOT the room that my family and I will be watching lots of movies or anything, we have, well, another spot for that. :p

That said, I am looking for a Left, Right, Center and Sub combo for $2k. FWIW, I have CM8s, CM Centre and a Velodyne 10 Sub (and two In Ceiling B&Ws) and, generally, I love them. So whatever the sound profile of the B&Ws are is fine with me. I just can't justify spending that money on a secondary room. :p

I've been looking at HTD, simply because I am intrigued and have had success with their in ceilings elsewhere in my house. I am REALLY interested in the Aperion Intimus 5 series. What other suggestions would you all have?

I should also point out that I have tinnitus, so perfect replication/sound is lost on me. Literally.

Budget: 2 Grand. :p
Use: DirecTV and Sonos Music System mostly. Oh and gaming. There's always gaming.

Many thanks.

-Chow

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
My recommendation would be Paradigm Monitor 9 (left/right) and a Center 3 (but you could also replace the Center 3 with another Monitor 9). Then get a Paradigm Sub 10.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You might look at MartinLogon Motion 15 L/R, Motion 30 center, and PSA XS-15 for sub. List for all of those is $2,200 combined, so with some moderate discounts you could squeak inside your budget before tax. I am a fan of the speakers at the top end of the MartinLogan Motion line- the tweeters they're using really "work" for my ears. It's also reasonably easy to find MartinLogan products to listen to, which tends to help. Also, the MartinLogan Motion 40 towers are a bit richer and fuller than the 15s for a couple hundred more. The speakers in this line blend very well. I don't expect you to be disappointed.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts