AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Left/Right/Center and sub setup for around $1500, possibly a little more if its justified.

I have a total budget of around $2k, 500 of which i'll probably drop on a Denon AVR-1910. I plan on using mostly for music/rock band on 360 so 5.1 isn't a big priority for me right now, i'll worry about surrounds in the future.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably should've added that I'll be hooking it up to a Samsung LN46a650 and watching DVDs/Blu-Rays - I just had rather spend more cash on quality fronts, center, and sub than going 5.1/7.1. I've read that having a center will help with dialog.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
you have a pm

ed

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
As far as internet direct goes, you can get great 3.1 packages from Elemental Designs , Hsu Research , and SVS . For speakers alone, check out Ascend Acoustics . For subwoofers alone, check out Rythmik , Outlaw Audio , and Epik Subwoofers .

As for brick and mortar stores, I would look at Infinity Primus speakers, PSB, Energy speakers, and Klipsch, among other brands. I wouldn't buy a subwoofer at a brick and mortar store- if you want a worthwhile sub you pretty much have to go internet direct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking around the forums for a couple of weeks now and seen the Klipsch Rf-62s/rc-62 mentioned and considered that. I also read that some people consider klipsch to be a little harsh so I wanted to see if anyone wanted to put their 2 cents in on what would be a better buy.

I don't really have any good B&M stores around to audition this stuff at unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts