AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for a friend with a sound bar who wants to pair a sub.

If he was to split both L/R RCA channels going to the powered sound bar and connect the other pair to the L/R input RCAs on a sub, he would just have to adjust the low pass filter right?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidoroboo  /t/1525638/l-r-sub-input-question#post_24563314

If he was to split both L/R RCA channels going to the powered sound bar and connect the other pair to the L/R input RCAs on a sub, he would just have to adjust the low pass filter right?

That would kinda-sorta work. Trouble is that the sound bar should have a corresponding high pass filter in line with it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should clarify that I mean split the source RCA lines. So I was thinking in theory as long as we know the frequency range of the soundbar the low filter can be adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk  /t/1525638/l-r-sub-input-question#post_24563347

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidoroboo  /t/1525638/l-r-sub-input-question#post_24563314

That would kinda-sorta work. Trouble is that the sound bar should have a corresponding high pass filter in line with it.

For all anyone knows, the sound bar could have a fixed high pass filter built into the unit in order to protect the drivers..

·
Registered
6,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidoroboo  /t/1525638/l-r-sub-input-question#post_24563361

I should clarify that I mean split the source RCA lines. So I was thinking in theory as long as we know the frequency range of the soundbar the low filter can be adjusted accordingly.

That will work just fine. Simply adjust the low pass filter and volume control in the subwoofer to suit your taste.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I told him before he buys a sub to bring his sound bar to my house and we can test the setup idea with my sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts