AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my lens had a little dust on it but after cleaning i noticed that the dust was on the back side of the lens. Or the back side of the inner lens rather. I am assuming there is two lens's being used. At least thats what it looks like from the front. Any way I have so far taken the cover off and blew around inside PJ where I thought might get it, but no luck I also tried blowing around the ribbon cables whe the LCD panels are.

Do I need to go a step further and take something else (lens) out to get to it?

Rick

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SayersWeb: "Are you seeing any visible evidence of this in the picture produced?"

No, good point. Just seems that it would eventually build up and could cause some picture darkness? or distortion . Would be good to know how to clean if ever needed though. This is my first PJ and am not sure whats normal or not.

Rick

·
Registered
650 Posts
It most likely got there when the lens was manufactured, which means there shouldn't be too much new dust getting in there from now on. Don't know of an easy way to clean it. Luckily, unless you have a thick coating of dust on the lens it shouldn't really affect image quality. Some specks of dust and other aberrations won't really matter since each LCD pixel uses the majority of the lens surface area to create the projected image (at least if I remember optics correctly) - so small localized aberrations get effectively averaged out over the surface of the lens. Anyways, a 960x540 res panel doesn't warrant that much worry over the quality of the lens :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.