AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching The Mummy on DirecTV the other night, I noticed a sort of 'skipping' in the picture. The movie would be fine for awhile then it would seem to fast forward for a fraction of a second, like it missed a frame or something. This kept happening throughout the movie.

It does not happen often at all, but I have seen it on other channels too. I have an UltimateTV PVR, so I rewound and watched for the skipping again (it occurred again at the exact same points). I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the signal and not necessarily a problem with the projector. I originally thought it had something to do with it being a movie and 3-2 pulldown or somesuch (not really familiar with how that works), but it has occurred on regular TV programs as well (M*A*S*H, Trading Spaces, etc.). Once again, the skipping occurrance is quite rare, but it does continue to happen.

I think the next time it happens, I will check the picture from the second UTV and if still there, bring up a tube tv from the basement to check it out.

I'm using an S-Video connection between the UTV and a receiver, and S-Video between the receiver and the L300. The equipment, including the pj, had been running for an hour or more. The skipping only occurred when I changed to The Mummy. Skipping was not there when I changed to another channel, but came back when I switched back to The Mummy.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
never had anything like that happen. my guess would be that it's your UTV and not your pj, can't think of anything in the pj that would cause that.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Do you have another sat receiver to check out? Since it is always in the same place, that suggests it is not the TV, not the UTV's recording functionality, but the signal from D*. Or the signal D* got from the specific station since it only happens on certain stations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.