AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted something similiar in the Projector forum because I thought this might be answered by lowering or raising the projector, but then again, I have built anything..so without further delay.... this situation..

I'll be buying a L300U and either buying or making a screen. I will be putting in a soffet and my screen will be mounted directly underneath it on the wall.

If the height of my soffet is 12", and the top of my screen is around 16-18" from ceiling, will that put my screen too low? I will be ceiling mounting my L300U on an 8ft ceiling.

I could make my soffet smaller if need be, but it needs to house the center speaker.

THanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The center of the L300's lens has to be offset (lower in a ceiling mount configuration) from the top of the viewing surface. The formula is screen width/32.

If you have an 80" wide screen, your offset is 80"/32 = 2.5", so the center of the lens needs to be 18.5-20.5" from the ceiling, using your screen height example. Worst case ...your projector will be 6' 2.5" (96"-20.5"= 75.5, less another inch from the center of the lens to the "top" of the projector case = 74.5") from the floor. That could get a little tricky, depending on how tall you are.

If what you are saying is that you planned on leaving about 4", or so, between the bottom of the soffet and the top of the screen, you may need to narrow that gap and place your screen a little higher, again, dependent on how tall you are. And, do you actually have a full 96" ceiling to begin with? Carpet and padding will reduce that by about an inch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.