Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my L300U..

tried to do a search on the flicker tweak to find out the procedure to do it...no luck.

can someone explain how to do it?

please? :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
47 views, all these L300U users, and nobody can tell me how to do the flicker tweak?? come on fellas, help a brotha out! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Flicker tweak as follows:

Bring projector to operating temp. (30 min.?)

Press "menu"

With "option" highlighted in blue, press enter and hold for 3-5 secs.

The image will flip to "ext option" page, notice "flicker adj" at bottom,

use left and right arrows on remote to apply adjustment and up down arrows to cycle thru the colors.

Now you can do me a favor and note all the factory default settings of that page seeing how I messed with mine and the "normal" button does not reset them. Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you Chuck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slateef
thank you Chuck!

Hey! Where are the default settings! That was trade not a gift!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Desk R: 74

Desk G: 74

Desk B: 71

Ceiling R: 75

Ceiling G: 74

Ceiling B: 71

These were the settings upon my first entry into the flicker tweak thing. HOWEVER, I'm not quite sure that these are default settings. You'd think they'd all be set to the same number from the factory, right? Also, I found that if I strayed at all in either direction from these values, the flicker would become worse. From what I've read here on AVS, other people were able to make a dramatic improvement over the factory default settings. I suspect that Ritz A/V performed the flicker tweak before they sent me the PJ. They open up each PJ and go through a battery of tests, checking for dead pixels and such. It wouldn't suprise me if they also did the flicker tweak.

If so, it's helpful of Ritz A/V to have done that. :) I'm slightly bummed, though, because I was looking forward to reducing the appearance of scanlines. I don't like defocusing.

Strange that if I watch two DVDs back-to-back, the second one is nearly scanline-free.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Meininger
Strange that if I watch two DVDs back-to-back, the second one is nearly scanline-free.
It is strange but you're not alone. You'd think that the pj would reach it's max temperature at about 30min. and wouldn't get much hotter unless the room temperature went up significantly from some other source. I'm sure that's the case too but I noticed on mine that after about 2 hours the scanlines are very rarely seen. I don't think it's temperature related. This was my observation before I did any defocussing. Now that I do the defocus I rarely ever see them even after the initial 10 min. warm up.

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
i did the tweak last night after running it for about 30m

the only screen that was moving a bit was one of the green ones. just had to adjust it one notch to stop.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I can't figure out how no one's search for "flicker tweak" doesn't turn up the 15 responses I get on the fast search and tons more on slow search.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Desk R: 73

Desk G: 71

Desk B: 73

Ceiling R: 74

Ceiling G: 72

Ceiling B: 73

These were my first settings in the Flicker Adj Option. There was no movement on any of the screens. These MAY BE the Factory Default Settings, I'm not sure. I do know that artifacts are probably impossible to get rid of because it may be the way certain DVDs are encoded.

·
Registered
129 Posts
erhm excuse my silly question but i tried the flicker adj feature too but the only setting i have is DESK ...

I don't have Desk r - g- b.

My panny 300 is connected via component cable to the dvd player.

How come i don't have these 3 different settings? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Fingolfin

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just use the thumb pad to cycle through the colors (RGB) and the positions (desk/ceiling). Of course, you probably figured that out by now.

I am using component and all adjustments are availible to me.

Jason

Everett, WA

Quote:
Originally posted by Fingolfin
erhm excuse my silly question but i tried the flicker adj feature too but the only setting i have is DESK ...

I don't have Desk r - g- b.

My panny 300 is connected via component cable to the dvd player.

How come i don't have these 3 different settings? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Fingolfin

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I did the flicker tweak this weekend the the stock price for my 300 just doubled :cool:

I don't want to work in the yeard, I don't want to clean the house, I don't want to go biking...I just wanna watch mre and more movies!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Are there any other known tweaks for this or the 200u? Is there a way to access the individual RGB color controls?

Peace Out~:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.