AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions. When you mount the pj from the ceiling, is the top of the lense level with the top of the picture on the screen? Also, what is recommended for a calibration DVD (Avia, sound and vision, etc.)? I was reading another thread, and some said to use the THX settings that come with some DVD's (ex. Star Wars II), untill some new calibration DVD's come out this summer. Is this a good recommendation?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Time to start reading some more, Grog!! Calibration efforts are just plain time consuming, both learning how and actually doing it. I can't even number how many times I've worked on my audio and video with test DVDs or CDs. Someday I'll be happy with it. ;)

I don't have one of these (yet), but the height compared to screen can be calculated with the manual. It changes depending on throw distance and will be a little below the top of the screen. The THX setup included with movies isn't great. Get Avia and stop worrying about it. Honestly, if I had a buck for every meaningless worry I read here, I'd quit my job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.