AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little earlier, I posted because I couldn't get my 300u to turn on. I just got it. Well, I had it mounted with monkey_man's $20 diy mount. I took it down, and from something my wife read in the manual, I just opened the door to the bulb, re-closed it, and walla, it turned on. Well, I re-mounted it again and things "seemed" to be going well. It turned on, but, I couldn't get my dvd player to play through the component cables (the composite works), and, the fan started sounding horrible (really noisey). Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice as to what I could do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know something about this? Is it bad to have the screws in too far? I did mess with the screws a little (actually tightened the back screw), which made the fan noise a little better, but then it got worse again. I actually did this befor I read your post. Fan noise aside, does anyone have any ideas as to why the dvd player isn't working through the component cables?

·
Registered
51 Posts
No personal experience about screw thing, I just remember someone got really noisy fan after screwing some screw too deep. I think it would be safe to check how deep the mounting holes really are..

·
Registered
589 Posts
Grog_lives, this may sound silly (seems like a logical first question to me though), but did you press the component input button on the remote?

Ken

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I did press the component button on the remote. Is there a setting that anyone knows of on the dvd player that I would have to change (I have the panasonic RP62)? I can't imagine there is, as you would have to be able to see it on the screen to change it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On the RP-62, there is a thin "Progressive Out" button on the right side of the face of the player that you need to press. A green LED will turn on when it is active. In addition, you need to go into the Setup screens, change to the Video tab, and set the Progressive Out setting to "Enable". That should take care of it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, shouldn't I be getting some kind of display though? I have another dvd player (non-progressive), and I hooked up the component cables to it also, and I still got no picture.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yeah, that button is just for progressive. You should at least be getting interlaced output from the components with whatever DVDp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.