AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘La Brea’ Drama Pilot From David Appelbaum & Keshet Studios Gets NBC Pilot Order
By Denise Petski

NBC has greenlighted its second drama this cycle, handing a pilot order to La Brea, from writer David Appelbaum (The Enemy Within), Keshet Studios and Universal Television.

Written by Appelbaum, in La Brea, when a massive sinkhole mysteriously opens in Los Angeles, it tears a family in half, separating mother and son from father and daughter. When part of the family find themselves in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a disparate group of strangers, they must work to survive and uncover the mystery of where they are and if there is a way back home.

Appelbaum executive produces with Keshet’s Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Peter Traugott, Ken Woodruff and Rachel Kaplan. Universal TV is the studio.

Appelbaum was most recently a co-executive producer on The Enemy Within which aired for one season on NBC. He worked on the first six seasons of The Mentalist, eventually rising to co-producer. His other credits include co-executive producer on CBS’ Wisdom of the Crowd and supervising producer on NCIS: New Orleans.

La Brea is one of NBC’s buzzed about early drama scripts, along with Debris, from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman and Legendary Television, which NBC picked up to pilot last week.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/la-bre...um-keshet-studios-nbc-pilot-order-1202831954/

Meanwhile, fellow drama pilot La Brea, from Keshet Studios and Universal TV, has received a sizable additional script order.

As Deadline reported in March, in lieu of pilot production, the broadcast networks ordered one backup script for each of their pilots. I hear NBC has now brought the total number of La Brea scripts to six with a new pickup. I hear that the six scripts will be in consideration for a straight-to-series order.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/nbc-5-...eries-orders-langdon-night-school-1202966829/

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Okay, I'm all over this. Sci-fi on a broadcast net! Yea! :) What's the over/under on if it will even finish the first half-season before being cancelled? :(

And didn't Fox try something pretty much just like this with 'Terra Nova' a few years back?

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I'm all over this. Sci-fi on a broadcast net! Yea! :) What's the over/under on if it will even finish the first half-season before being cancelled? :(

And didn't Fox try something pretty much just like this with 'Terra Nova' a few years back?
To funny, I thought the same thing when I read the line about discovering this other place. I immediately thought, cool deal I am in but I doubt it will make it pass one season.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NBC Orders Natalie Zea Sinkhole Drama La Brea, Two Comedies to Series

NBC is getting an early start on its primetime lineup for the 2021-22 TV season, handing series orders to drama La Brea and comedies American Auto and Grand Crew, TVLine has learned.

La Brea stars Natalie Zea (The Detour, Justified) as a mother whose family is ripped apart when a massive sinkhole opens in Los Angeles, separating Zea’s character and her son from her husband and daughter. “When part of the family find themselves in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a disparate group of strangers, they must work to survive and uncover the mystery of where they are and if there is a way back home,” per the official description. TVLine hears that Michael Raymond-James (Once Upon a Time), who was among the originally announced cast, ran into scheduling conflicts due to the pandemic-related delays, but could rejoin the project down the road.

·
Registered
866 Posts
NBC Orders Natalie Zea Sinkhole Drama La Brea, Two Comedies to Series

NBC is getting an early start on its primetime lineup for the 2021-22 TV season, handing series orders to drama La Brea and comedies American Auto and Grand Crew, TVLine has learned.

La Brea stars Natalie Zea (The Detour, Justified) as a mother whose family is ripped apart when a massive sinkhole opens in Los Angeles, separating Zea’s character and her son from her husband and daughter. “When part of the family find themselves in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a disparate group of strangers, they must work to survive and uncover the mystery of where they are and if there is a way back home,” per the official description. TVLine hears that Michael Raymond-James (Once Upon a Time), who was among the originally announced cast, ran into scheduling conflicts due to the pandemic-related delays, but could rejoin the project down the road.

WAIT! Natalie Zea? Natalie Zea??? Oh YEAH! I'll be there for this one!!! Now... if they can just get Timothy Olyphant to play the inevitable role of a scientist guy who tries to warn everyone that the Earth is gonna open up and swallow everything, and they won't believe him. Oh, and they need to cast Walton Goggins as a bad guy. We'll soon be seeing just how realistic state-of-the-art CGI can simulate the look of hundreds of millions of tons of mud in HD.. Can't wait!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts