AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
It's not HD in NYC. Crappy 15:9 or whatever they blow it up to.

Reactions: korsjs

·
Registered
222 Posts
OK, it was going great until the last few minutes when the aspect ratio started jumping. It looked like someone was zooming in and back out during the last scene between Dave Meyer and Stewart M.

It seems to have settled out now.

Still, it is in Hi Def, though the content of the show itself is not up to the level of the series. Not bad, and being an LA Law junkie I'm watching every frame, but it could have been better.

Cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
830 Posts
Looked great on WCAU-DT from Philly.

I don't know about other markets, but WCAU didn't bother with local commercial insertions. We were getting something that looked like an NBC peacock screensaver during the breaks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
In Cleveland, we got all of the regular commercials, but the engineers made no mistakes switching back and forth from HD to SD and the whole movie went smoothly and looked fantastic. The shots of LA from the air were especially sharp. I hope NBC keep it up and some or all of their fall schedule looks this good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was never really an LA Law fan. Kind of a before my time type of show but I recognized the actors. I liked how they seemed to work EVERYONE in. My wife pointed out to me that the sexy girl in the show was Sara off of Charles in Charge. Man she has grown up... 8)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BenBroder
Looked great on WCAU-DT from Philly.

I don't know about other markets, but WCAU didn't bother with local commercial insertions. We were getting something that looked like an NBC peacock screensaver during the breaks.
Saw the same "screen saver" in San Diego.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtvmaniac
Ahro, how are you getting the digital channel for NBC in New York?

From my TWC HD2000 box on channel 704

Reactions: korsjs

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
I thought it looked very good. Except for the fact one could see just how much Susan Dey has aged.

·
Registered
180 Posts
how are you guy still bashing on crossing jordan? In comparison to other film based material NOT intended for hd from the getgo i'd say it looks pretty dang good for the low-lit interior film they are working with...and some of the newer episodes are looking nothing short of stunning indoors AND out. NBC will come around...they have been around since the beginning!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.