AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Dallas area folks who are interested, the La-Z-Boy store in Plano will have the HT chairs on display this Thursday.

Looking at the dimensions these chairs are more narrow than the Berklines. This is a better thing for us since we are space restricted.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
625 Posts
I hope they are right, I've been going in there for the last couple of weeks waiting for them to come in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped by the La-Z-Boy store in Plano Friday. The theatre chairs are nice and comfortable. The ones they had on display had the micro-fibre cloth. To me, it looks sorta like suede. I liked the look although it is not for everyone. Delivery time is ~ six weeks if you make an order.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cool, nice recon work. How do you find they compare in comfort compared the Berkline 087's? Those are my two choices right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't tried the Berklines yet. It's on my list. Another thread mentioned that Ultimate Electronics have the Berkline chairs.

The seats I demoed did not rock.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone tried the microfiber Lazy boy HT Matinee seats? The fiber from the sample swatches felt really comfortable, But I haven't sat in one yet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, they are extremely comfortable to sit in. I took a friend with me today to get a second opinion on the Berkline 087's and the La-z-Boy Matinee series and he prefered La-z-boy. Said they were much more comfortable and the recline mechanism was superior.

The Micofiber is extremely comfortable to the touch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went to the new lazy boy here on Long Island, NY. I was quoted 1400 a chair in black leather. now with 2 rows of 4 chairs. I almost fainted when he told me the price would be close to 14000. Oh and the price included the wedges for the chairs he said with a smile on his face. Sheeeez! Id rather sit on a bean bag chair and get the best dlp projector for that price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased 4 from the store in Wichita, KS and paid around $700f for the micro fiber cloth. We really like them for comfort and Lazy-Boy has several colors to chose from. I also like the idea 1 year with know interest when you use their in house financing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Russ, those chairs look amazing. I gotta find me some sofas of that quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.