AVS Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 7294 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ3D  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4500#post_24811938

I posted the info as they are very good.   end off.. I might start selling them down under..   why not??? Have a good day..

You know polite/good customer service is the number one trait for a business to succeed right? Great start you have impressed on us! No comments about sending one to a member for testing way its PROVEN to be what its claimed to be?!? Seems like a great way to make many many sells to me for a beginning business but what do I know, only been self employed since my 18th bday 😜

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4500#post_24812014

Those nice shiny black and gold caps ? Hmmmmmm..

Where did that cap come from? First hand experience or image from somewhere else?

Crazy what people would do.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Do you know which manufacture this was found in?

I found a thread with that pic but it didnt come from an FP clone or the like is my understanding. Right?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
So now it is clone of a clone of a clone...

After thinking about these clones a bit, its not that they may have copied the circuit designs that I find unusual. It isn't even the fact that some of clones were not as good as the original product (the new versions go down to 2ohm but the prior version was not stable?).

What I find interesting, is how they even choose to copy the chassis design instead of simply making their own. Why even try and pretend to be a clone when you can offer great measured stats for WAY less money. LG isn't even a super well known brand in audio, much less pro-audio. They could sell in any country without any issues with copyrights/trademarks etc.

I can see how this will progress: today clones, and tomorrow they will blow away the name brands by selling like Monoprice.

If you look at Alibaba's (amazon of china) success, you quickly realize how much low priced product is going to flood american markets.

It is obvious based on the amazing pricing on LG clones why Apple would go for a company like Beats (pure marketing wizardry) and not buy a company like Harmon Kardon. Apple must certainly sense the China juggernaut approaching so they are trying to stay ahead of the curve as long as they can.

Notice LG's markup on their PLM line is much bigger and significantly harder to clone. I will bet that most of their newer products will resemble the PLM line with proprietary software (until China copies that too).

Conclusion: amplifiers (even high power amps) are a commodity item. The landscape is about to change dramatically...

·
Registered
5 Posts

You must have nothing better to do??? Are you are you a circuit builder. I don't think so just a home DIY audio guy..   Enjoy your bloggs.. 

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
lol......I am crying right now.......LOL Thanks Scott.

Sometimes you get some posters that just make you smile. Reminds me of another person a while back who wanted to build a subwoofer. I think he was someone using another name and just jerkin someones chain but it was funny to a point.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4500_100#post_24812536

I found a thread with that pic but it didnt come from an FP clone or the like is my understanding. Right?

I think it was found in some boutique 'audiophile' amp, not related to clones.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4500_100#post_24812536

Not that I'm aware of. I think it was just being used as an example. And yes, it was on an audiophile forum.

·
Registered
688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4530#post_24813807

Not that I'm aware of. I think it was just being used as an example. And yes, it was on an audiophile forum.

its a hoax

·
Bass Enabler
21,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4500#post_24812886

lol......I am crying right now.......LOL Thanks Scott.

Sometimes you get some posters that just make you smile. Reminds me of another person a while back who wanted to build a subwoofer. I think he was someone using another name and just jerkin someones chain but it was funny to a point.

Ahhh... sounds like that Mr. Boomy Boom Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio  /t/1334237/lab-gruppen-fp14000-clone-amplifiers/4530#post_24813579

I love this place

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been browsing these forums and chatting tho Chap for a wile but decided to bite the bullet and get a FP14000. It arrived real fast, looks great, feels solid and man does it have some gain. I needed to go down to about 25db from the default 44 to feel a bit safer and still be able to clip it in non live testing. I was quite impressed by its performance and build quality, the power cable is real chunky as well.

I have been talking to Sanway and they do make their own cased/branded series that has the same internal workings as these clones called the FB series rather than FP. They are $50 or so cheaper than the lab looking clones and also offer the advantage of drawing less copy-write attention.

Sanway also make an ashley 4-8 system processor but they also have made their own original processor which seams to have better spec. The fact that they seam to have original electronic designs as well as being a speaker manufacturer give me a little bit of confidence that Im not sure many other cloning companies could provide.

I plan on getting a FB-10000q now as well.

On a side note I found a guy is Australia that gets these amps built to his specific spec, then re-solders the important bits and then sells them locally for $2500 a pop! He provides one year warranty and wouldn't reveal the actual manufacturer. I dont think he sells enough to private buyers to be too concerned about copywrite but over double the price for local warranty just seamed silly to me considering how nice the sanways seam to be.

Anyway I thought I would share this experience and info with you all.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
As I have chatted with you before I am happy you have a good working product. I am interested in the other cases. I will have to contact them again and see what all they have again. I almost bought some plate amps from them a few weeks ago but life got in the way. :(

BUT I do like the wood front Bosso had on his. Would be nice to duplicate that.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Being a "sanway reseller" would be tough without a marketing strategy, especially if the units look like trademarked items.

It is unlikely that they would file a lawsuit halfway across the world though... Legal fees and travel would probably kill them.

4521 - 4540 of 7294 Posts