AVS Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 7292 Posts

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Sanway has a LOT of products. I have tried some of their drivers and will probably try one of their plate amps. I had been looking for a cheap PA speaker to buy instead of build and they came to mind. When I figured shipping might be too expensive I asked about them selling components instead. He said they would that also.

SO when you look at the powered PA mains that they sell they can sell the amp out of that configuration. I never went with it yet because I keep having to deal with other things , life and not enough money to go around. I still have to ask him a bunch of questions in regards to the plate amps though. After chatting with Hypex for a while also I kinda started thinking about using them instead. BUT money talks.

I am very excited that another 240Vac Fp14000 has been bought from them and is working just fine.:)

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I ordered 1 piece FP14000 @sanway , mr. Johnson Tang sent me one last friday and i received it yesterday. Man that's quick!

Amplifier was double boxed. I unpacked it and my opinion so far is: This amp is really well built, robust on the outside and well finished! i haven't tested it yet (not enough time).

If it works properly, and if it is reliable, i'd say it's a good buy, this amp is definitely better built than other brands like Behringer :)

Payment was easy by PayPal.

EDIT:

Tested it yesterday and it works like a charm :) . My subs go much louder now, it blows 2 bridged Crown i-tech 4000 (rentals) amps away! I hope this amp its reliability is long-lasting.
I'm happy with it, i'm really considering on going to order an other one later on.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
What up guys... Do we still have any buyers of old non-working clones lurking around? I have an old FP14K posted up in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Getting ready for a move and I don't want to have to put that beast in storage.
Just to check, are the Sanway clones 110/220v switchable like the genuine LG items are?

I'm just thinking about options around buying a 'known quantity' amp secondhand from the US or buying direct from China. :)

Not that I should be looking, I've not even got my first build with a CV5000 up and running yet and upgradeitis is already setting in... lol

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Just to check, are the Sanway clones 110/220v switchable like the genuine LG items are?

I'm just thinking about options around buying a 'known quantity' amp secondhand from the US or buying direct from China. :)

Not that I should be looking, I've not even got my first build with a CV5000 up and running yet and upgradeitis is already setting in... lol
I wish! If it was switchable to 220V I'd be taking it with me... =)

I'm a fan of the CV5000. Good amp for a 5,000watt load @ 4ohm. Hummm, in fact....I think I just found my new amp choice for my 24's.

Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts

I'm a fan of the CV5000. Good amp for a 5,000watt load @ 4ohm. Hummm, in fact....I think I just found my new amp choice for my 24's.

Thanks man!
Pop are you going to be running the 16 SI 18's and the SI 24's at your new place?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Pop are you going to be running the 16 SI 18's and the SI 24's at your new place?
No sir. Can't accommodate bringing the 18's so they will be boxed up for a while in storage...just waiting for me to come home.

I'm only going to be able to bring the 24's with me to my new place. Space isn't the issue...We are restricted on the weight of house hold goods we can ship with us overseas. The 24's represent the best "pound for pound" option available to me at this point in time.

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
No sir. Can't accommodate bringing the 18's so they will be boxed up for a while in storage...just waiting for me to come home.

I'm only going to be able to bring the 24's with me to my new place. Space isn't the issue...We are restricted on the weight of house hold goods we can ship with us overseas. The 24's represent the best "pound for pound" option available to me at this point in time.
Oh wow I didn't realize you're moving overseas. Two SI 24's then?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Oh wow I didn't realize you're moving overseas. Two SI 24's then?
Two indeed.

Why do you have to be a world away with a 24" setup? That really takes it out of the cards for me to drive over and listen...
Guess you'll just have to make due with that epic Avatar until you and Megs make the trip to come check out my hut in the desert!

Or you'll just one up me in a few months when you scoop up a pair of those one-off custom 10,000 watt / 69mm xmax / XBL^2 motor / frankenwoofers Nick is secretly tooling together in his warehouse dungeon for sealed-ported applications...

Then I'll have to make it back to the states to give YOU a visit. :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
They don't have a selector switch, but they can be changed back and forth. Just ask Johnson for the instructions. I think it's just a matter of making some soldering changes and swapping out the fuses.

4541 - 4560 of 7292 Posts