7461 - 7480 of 7499 Posts

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,461 (Edited)
Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX (60mm) has a noise level of 19.3db
Noctua NF-A8 PWM (80mm) has a noise level of 17.7db
There's a reason a 60x15 was used and not a 60x25

The very first post has details on fans as well as a link to pics / instructions

I'm not sure those noctua fans will flow enough

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's a reason a 60x15 was used and not a 60x25

The very first post has details on fans as well as a link to pics / instructions

I'm not sure those noctua fans will flow enough
Ahhh did not know the 60mm were 15mm deep fans. Noctua are my go to fan with MTTF of over 150,000 hours.
Noctua have the same air flow as the ones linked to in the first post.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Their static pressure is really low, so while in open air they do push just as much air when in a case it bogs down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
For 2 Devs and 2 Marty’s I got the FP22000Q from Miki. Grabbed a miniDSP2x4HD directly from miniDSP because even after $20 in shipping it was cheaper than Amazon or Parts Express. Also bought a UMIK-1 from PE.
The amp should be configured in 240V/30A... with the L6-30P plug on it, but we will see in a few days. Not worried about the noise because this amp won’t be in the rack, but in the attic above the rack. I realize that the 22 is overkill, but I’m in the overkill thread and I wanted to fit in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Any updates on the canadian offered 20k? Getting close to purchasing another and just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to put one through the tests and had a good look at a sample?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Which brand 14's you would recommend?
Sanway or XBS. They are both pretty much the exact same amp. I had 8 Sanways 14k's and had one issue that Sanways sent the schematics for and fixed in a few minutes.

All of the 8 have been going for 6-7 years no issues. I still have 1.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just a quick update. I ordered through [email protected], who processed the order through Alibaba on Saturday morning EST, Miki mailed it out Sunday (China time), I had a DHL tracking number on Monday, and the amplifier arrived this afternoon.

Thank you to @Jefro6996 for hooking me up with Miki!

The packaging was great, and according to the package it weighs 21kg (46lbs). There were minor scuffs on the box, but nothing inside was damaged from what I can tell. The amp came with the expected plug, with 4 rubber feet for the amp, owners manual, warranty card, and a XXXL Simbosen T-Shirt. You may have to ask for the swag. FWIW - an XXXL T-Shirt from China is not the same as an XXXL T-Shirt from the US! Haha. I have to share this pic with you guys because I got a kick out of it. It’s hard to tell just how small that shirt is on me, but it took a minute to get it on and off

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice one, @Jack_Toepfer! That shirt looks like L or XL at most, that's ridiculous. Please report back on fan noise. This array of 40mm fans looks like the absolute nightmare to me.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Nice one, @Jack_Toepfer! That shirt looks like L or XL at most, that's ridiculous. Please report back on fan noise. This array of 40mm fans looks like the absolute nightmare to me.
They are LOUD! Lol I got 2 for my Neighbor’s system. They are the loudest pro amp I’ve heard. He has his in a separate room so not much of a problem at least.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I didn't get a shirt :(

Reactions: Jack_Toepfer

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will be able to report on fan noise in a few weeks when I get this thing hooked up.
I knew going into this that it would be loud so I actually ran the 240v into the attic above the theater. If the amp is as obnoxious as I’m imagining that it will be, it’ll be directly above the rack where the conduit will be. Somewhere against that wall will be a shelf or something for the stuff that I don’t want cluttering up the rack in the room.
That 4” drainage pipe might be conduit when the time comes .

·
Registered
127 Posts
For 2 Devs and 2 Marty’s I got the FP22000Q from Miki. Grabbed a miniDSP2x4HD directly from miniDSP because even after $20 in shipping it was cheaper than Amazon or Parts Express. Also bought a UMIK-1 from PE.
The amp should be configured in 240V/30A... with the L6-30P plug on it, but we will see in a few days. Not worried about the noise because this amp won’t be in the rack, but in the attic above the rack. I realize that the 22 is overkill, but I’m in the overkill thread and I wanted to fit in.
Thanks for specifying the specific plug. Made it easy to track down the correct receptacle to order to plug my FP20k in to. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the fans. Im debating on wiring mine into the living room entertainment center or putting it in the guest room behind. If I put in living room I will build a cabinet with a fan to cool, and some kind of sound absorbing panels in it.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
I was gonna ask how hot your attic gets in summer but looks like you’re in Buffalo so probably not an issue. Nice space to run all your wires up there and stash equipment.
I’m in Canada and in hot days. The attics are into the 45-55c range.. easily.

7461 - 7480 of 7499 Posts