AVS Forum banner

7521 - 7540 of 7546 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a FP10000Q and did the 110 to 220v conversion. There are instructions in the Manual, but they are a bit vague. I did ask Sinbosin, and they sent this. Looking at your picture, I would think one fuse should be removed. It does appear that B & C are connected. Before you do anything I would wait for input on the FP20000Q.
View attachment 3087782
That was one of the confusing parts. It said the 20k and 22k need 2 fuses, the smaller amps need 1. But I don’t see where the 3rd on mine would have been removed. I did buy this amp used from the classified section, but was told it was barely used and set up for 240v. Just want to be sure. I am ready to power it on, but will wait for more input. @Jk7.2 @blister64 @BassThatHz any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also, just to double check, are these dip switches set correctly? 44db gain, bridged modes off, the rest of the dip switches down for 195VPL, and soft. Running channel 1 & 2, and leaving 3 and 4 blank since I only will be using 2 channels.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Here are the differences:

The white and black wires on your 240V version are incorrect. They should be like mine because if you ever switched it back to 120V you'd fry the amp (potentially.)
Also those are really weak solder welds, barely attached... Jeesh!

120V version has two 30A fuses stacked (because 60A fusing is required).
240V version only needs 30A fusing, if it has two 30A's that would be dangerous.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here are the differences:
View attachment 3087971

The white and black wires on your 240V version are incorrect. They should be like mine because if you ever switched it back to 120V you'd fry the amp (potentially.)
Also those are really weak solder welds, barely attached... Jeesh!

120V version has two 30A fuses stacked (because 60A fusing is required).
240V version only needs 30A fusing, if it has two 30A's that would be dangerous.
Thanks for the reply. I ran the amp as is before I seen your reply, and set the HP filter in the amp. I was listening to some music and everything was sounding great. The AVR went into protect mode at a pretty low volume level, so I double checked my HP filters. Played another song and as I turned it up, I seen a big spark shoot out of the side of the marantz 7013, and it went into protect mode. I have unplugged it and turned it back on and it’s stuck in protect. I’m not sure what would have caused that, but it appears I’ll be out of commission for a while. No connections changed in the AVR, had speakers set to small and x over at 80 hz. Damn that’s frustrating!

Edit: Mistake realized! My center channel was not plugged in, and while I situated the amp, the center channel speaker wires were touching. So while I was playing demoing it, the center channel wires were touching, and appears to have blown something in the AVR. I will post in the appropriate section for this new issue. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys. So after a couple of weeks of having my Sinbosen FP20000 I have started to develop an issue. I've tried to search this thread but it is very difficult to find if anyone else has had the same issue. From what I have gathered, it is this amp. Here is my issue.

I need help with this as the problem is getting progressively worse. After the amp turns on and is on for about 20 minutes a weird HUM starts in Channel B. It last from anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour and is steady then gets slightly slower and more quiet until it completely disappears. I have changed the cables and disconnected my source completely. The HUM still happens. I have altered and crossed the cables switching between subs and the hum stays on Channel B. I have isolated the problem to the amplifier and this channel as I have changed sources and endpoints over and over and the problem is static on Channel B on the FP20000.

Here is a video of my right sub with the hum.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hey guys. So after a couple of weeks of having my Sinbosen FP20000 I have started to develop an issue. I've tried to search this thread but it is very difficult to find if anyone else has had the same issue. From what I have gathered, it is this amp. Here is my issue.

I need help with this as the problem is getting progressively worse. After the amp turns on and is on for about 20 minutes a weird HUM starts in Channel B. It last from anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour and is steady then gets slightly slower and more quiet until it completely disappears. I have changed the cables and disconnected my source completely. The HUM still happens. I have altered and crossed the cables switching between subs and the hum stays on Channel B. I have isolated the problem to the amplifier and this channel as I have changed sources and endpoints over and over and the problem is static on Channel B on the FP20000.

Here is a video of my right sub with the hum.

I would contact Sinbosen.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was getting something similar in all 4 channels of my FP22000Q... and it would go up and down with the gain. Does yours follow the gain?
I was able to kill the noise by shutting off my PS5... but the Marantz and everything else was still on. Someone mentioned that it might be interference coming from the PS5 sitting on the Marantz, and the miniDSP is sitting on the PS5

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would contact Sinbosen.
I finally received a response from them last night late after contacting them through every medium they have available on their website. I have been trying to reach them for 2 weeks regarding this issue. I am unsure, but I think they were on holiday. They believe the "8p cable was pressed against the inductance". Their words, not mine. I opened it up and checked. It was close, so I moved it and will check later to see if the issue disappears.

I was getting something similar in all 4 channels of my FP22000Q... and it would go up and down with the gain. Does yours follow the gain?
I was able to kill the noise by shutting off my PS5... but the Marantz and everything else was still on. Someone mentioned that it might be interference coming from the PS5 sitting on the Marantz, and the miniDSP is sitting on the PS5
Mine does not follow the gain at all. I'm pretty sure that it isn't interferance. I have crossed the cables against other channels and the noise is channel specific on B. I guess I should also mention that the amp is 50 ft away in a closet across the house. 😅 It has been pretty isolated from the rest of my setup and I don't get noise or ground issues. When I disconnect my minidsp from the amp the noise is still there. So I know it is downstream from the amplifier.

The weird thing is the noise is temporary. It lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour(only once this long). It starts high and then gets soft towards the end. The only way I can really describe it is it is like boiling water in a kettle. Starts high and then sizzles off.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Bummer, that's definitely not normal. If it doesn't track the input attenuator then it is problem on the output side.

Doesn't sound like a typical AC mains hum, this sounds like some sort of interference or rail/capacitor charging circuit that is somehow leaking through to the output.

I'm sure they can send you a new replacement board(s).
There is only a half dozen boards in it, so eventually you'd have a new amp essentially.
Alternatively you could get a new amp + replacement boards and then run double the subs.
Or alternatively again, get a pair of Sanway FP14k's while the replacement boards arrive and have a local repair guy do the swap and then run double the subs, or just sell it.
Or alternatively again, a real Lab Gruppen or Powersoft K10/20 or SpeakerPower amp. i.e. a legit amp / warranty
There are lots of possibilities depending on how you feel / want to proceed...

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Given its 50ft away, can you just leave it running all the time? Sounds like it only appears at power up and then stops? I wouldn't leave anything flammable near it tho just in case it lets out all of the magic smoke.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I wouldn't stack a PS5 on top of a Marantz receiver. And a minidsp which can be prone to all kinds of interference on top...try seperating things out a little.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Posted in the other thread also: I have the FP20000Q and I’ve never played with the voltage and gain settings on the amp. I’m not sure how to figure out what the best settings are. Is this explained somewhere? Ive read the manual but wasn’t able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Posted in the other thread also: I have the FP20000Q and I’ve never played with the voltage and gain settings on the amp. I’m not sure how to figure out what the best settings are. Is this explained somewhere? Ive read the manual but wasn’t able to figure it out.

This is how I set my dip switches. This allows max voltage and I have nothing limited or bridged.
Then I start with the gain knobs at about half on the front panel.

·
Registered
683 Posts

This is how I set my dip switches. This allows max voltage and I have nothing limited or bridged.
Then I start with the gain knobs at about half on the front panel.
Pretty much how mine is set out of the box except for the gain. Mine is set to 35 db with the knob on the front maxed out. Should I raise on the back and cut the front gain knob down some?

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Pretty much how mine is set out of the box except for the gain. Mine is set to 35 db with the knob on the front maxed out. Should I raise on the back and cut the front gain knob down some?
Yeah I would. Then you have full control from the gains. Did you say you can’t even light up the l.e.d.’s on the amp? If so, you could crank it up a tad. But be careful.

7521 - 7540 of 7546 Posts