AVS Forum banner

7541 - 7546 of 7546 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yeah I would. Then you have full control from the gains. Did you say you can’t even light up the l.e.d.’s on the amp? If so, you could crank it up a tad. But be careful.
OK, I'm going to bump it up a bit then. If I'm understanding things correctly then that should also lower the input sensitivity a bit. And Yea, i can't get the lights to register at all. Probably a lot of juice left in the tank.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
OK, I'm going to bump it up a bit then. If I'm understanding things correctly then that should also lower the input sensitivity a bit. And Yea, i can't get the lights to register at all. Probably a lot of juice left in the tank.
I answered your question in the other thread (just-because that is the first one I read, but yes if you dig back 50 pages or a few years in this thread I'm sure it has been asked and answered multiple times, in fact I know it has because I answered many of them.)

But yeah the -10db LED is 10% power, so you are only using like 1% of the amp. (Which has also been asked and answered multiple times too.)

I guess that's what happens when you have a thread that is 10+ years long. Long thread is long...

·
Registered
683 Posts
I answered your question in the other thread (just-because that is the first one I read, but yes if you dig back 50 pages or a few years in this thread I'm sure it has been asked and answered multiple times, in fact I know it has because I answered many of them.)

But yeah the -10db LED is 10% power, so you are only using like 1% of the amp. (Which has also been asked and answered multiple times too.)

I guess that's what happens when you have a thread that is 10+ years long. Long thread is long...
Thanks. Guess I didn’t need as much power as i though. Glad I decided against spending the extra money on a SpeakerPower amp.

·
Registered
683 Posts
@dwander Got to test the amp yet to see if it gets hot with the fan mods?
Sorry about the late response, but Yes the thing gets really hot. Raises the room a few degrees also, which I’m starting to find a problem sometimes. However, I’m not sure that’s specific to the fan mod. I’m trying to think of solutions for better ventilation to keep the room temp more stable.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The fiber optic is a workable situation, did a test setup with six strands of 1.5mm about 50’ long, it’s bright enough to see but not too bright. As everything took longer than I thought it would. Amp bracket done but screen end paint was drying.

A little bass I love you to light it up. Six strands are signal through clip light. Power light fiber is to help alignment which is the primary challenge. An acrylic panel would be easier to align.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I ordered a Loud Factory FP14000 yesterday. $699 plus $90 shipping to get it to Alaska. I`m upgrading from a Crown XLS2502 used on a full-marty with NSW6021-6. The plan is to order another NSW and put both into BMD Alpha II Devastator cabinets. I`m on a concrete slab, so may try a BOSS this coming winter.

7541 - 7546 of 7546 Posts