AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to label a manual recording by modifying .evt/.ndx file? I don't know where the title for a recording is stored, I am guessing its in one of these two files.

If it is possible to rename the title by modifying one of these files, how do I download these files without downloading the associated mpg? I suppose I can download all three and cancel the download for mpg, but is there anyway to download .evt/.ndx file individually?

I have too many manual recordings (they do not appear on EPG/Channel Guide) and it becomes difficult to figure out which one is which when I have 20 of them (in the Replay Guide).

I end up playing each one to see which one is which. Instead, I would like to download the .evt/.ndx file and rename the title and stream it back to ReplayTV so that it shows up with the title in the Repaly Guide.

I hope it is clear what I am trying to do.

Thanks.

PS: I would like to edit/rename on PC as opposed to using the remote.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Um, RTFM.

Sorry I had to...

Now the answer, both the show and channel can be renamed. Select the channel/show and press the select button, that will give you the menu choices one is "rename" guess what it does....

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
WebTV keyboards can be had for under $10, do a search.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
And since you can't transfer from the PC to the replay there's only one option... on the replay. Get a keyboard.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pkp413
It do not have keyboard and with remote it takes forever to enter titles with 20 shows...
The "DVR Remote Control" in DVArchive works great for this. I use it all the time when I need to enter any significant amount of text (renaming, searching, creating categories, etc.).

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by el borak
The "DVR Remote Control" in DVArchive works great for this. I use it all the time when I need to enter any significant amount of text (renaming, searching, creating categories, etc.).
but you have to have the computer in the same room.... cause the remote does not give 'feedback' to the PC screen.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
not necesarily, you could call up a web browser and view the screen shot after typing, and before commiting to 'done' clunky, but hey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.