AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't understand WHY all major sporting events are NOT broadcasted in HDTV!!!

Seems to me it is THE MOST PERFECT content to be in the bleeding-edge of high-tech entertainment.

-The target audience is perfect - mostly male, educated, high-income - the same profile for most sports fans (and the ones that advertisers drool over). Also the most likely people to have HDTV.

-You have don't have to fight with copyright nazis like MPAA (sporting events are only really good live).

-Most sporting events are played on a wide, open field where 16:9 display is absolutely outstanding for.

-The fast paced action of most sports is GREATLY enhanced by the high-resolution capabilities of HDTV.

And on and on and on... And yet we still don't have HUGE events like World Cup, US Open Golf, Super Bowl, NBA Finals, etc. not available in HDTV!!! What is up wit DAT???

Sorry, just venting...

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I estimate there have been 58 threads and 893 posts on this issue. You might want to do a search. But bascially it's related to $$$$$ and a very small minority of HD viewers. It's kind of the way any business is run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.