AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first time posting on this forum.

I am not a techie so please be as clear as possible when replying.

I have purchased 34 Samsung TX-S2782H HDTVs to use in gaming tournaments along with Sony Playsation PS-3's and Xbox 360's. Picture quality is perfect...no geometry problems as reported by many on this site.

However, the gamers are reporting serious lag issues. For example, Guitar Hero players are measuring 113 millisecond lag time. Gears of War players are experiencing lag issues as well.

I am severely confused because this TV is a CRT and should not have any lag. Some of the games are networked using a Linkysis switchport (Gears of War), but other games (Guitar Hero) have the console plugged directly into the CRT.

We are using HDMI cables as well as component cables and the lag problem is reported in all scenarios. SOMETHING DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!!

Samsumg support says that their CRTs (as with all CRTs) have lag measured in the microseconds which is a much shorter period than the milliseconds that LCD's have due to the refresh rate of an LCD (typically 6-12ms). Is this correct?

Has anyone a clue as to what the problem is? I thought that lag was only an issue with LCD's and plasma TV but not high def CRT's. Am I misinformed?

I'm told by the electricians at the hotel venue that the amperage running to the Samsungs and other components is sufficient. Is there a certain configuration that the Xbox 360, PS-3 or Samsung must be set to otherwise lag will be noticed? Please help!

Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have only heard 1 other reported isolated case of Lag on a HDCRT. Although, if I had to guess one of them lags, I would say the sammy. Seems like all of their DLPs and LCDs lag, so they probably use similar enhancements with their "slimfit" line.

That is very weird though, I have been under the assumption that CRTs did not lag or had very little lag at all. You have me nervous now since I am picking up the sony XBR970 today from Bestbuy to avoid input lag. Searches don't yield anyone else complaining about lag with your TV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.