AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im totaly fed up

I returned so many Tv sets in the past 2 years it's non sens

I just returned a D6300 the LAG WAS BEYOND STUPID..... like really it was like stepping back in time like i think even CRT HD WAS 600x better

what tv is meant for gaming , im at a point that i might just plug back my old CRT & to hell with hd ill save 1000$ and wait until this technology is right.....

plasma's are still the best thing there is.... but burn in with gaming hud occurs too fast!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sony 46EX720 (LED, 120Hz, ~$1100) and Samsung 46D550 (CCFL, 60Hz, ~$800) are both supposed to have low input lag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try the Sharp Aquos LC-42D69U which is a 42 inch, 60 Hz, 1080p LCD set that has a relatively lag free Game Mode. I've seen it at one of the major retailers for around 500 bucks.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My favorite is when "game mode" doesn't do anything. I can't count how many TVs I've tried that had bad input lag and I turn on game mode and it does absolutely nothing. It's like, do these manufacturer's even test their TVs before they give them the green light to be mass produced?

·
Registered
12,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide /forum/post/20803516

My favorite is when "game mode" doesn't do anything. I can't count how many TVs I've tried that had bad input lag and I turn on game mode and it does absolutely nothing. It's like, do these manufacturer's even test their TVs before they give them the green light to be mass produced?

That's because sometimes the game mode is nothing more than another picture preset (usually designed to be bright and colorful with bright shadow detail).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
42 46 inch sorry i forgot to mention

I have a lot of reading to do guys on models you sent me

if anyone have something else to add let me know

im in the hunt right now

as always thanks AVS!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been looking for a new tv and input lag is also a big concern for me. IPS panels usually have less input lag and you'll find IPS panels in panasonic lcds and some LGs. I've been looking at some panasonic lcds myself. Their st30 plasma line has low input lag but image retention is still a concern for me.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wt Pocket /forum/post/20812238

I've been looking for a new tv and input lag is also a big concern for me. Isp panels usually have less input lag and you'll find isp panels in panasonic lcds and some LGs. I've been looking at some panasonic lcds myself. Their st30 plasma line has low input lag but image retention is still a concern for me.

I think you mean IPS panels, not ISP.

IPS stands for In-Plane Switching (look it up).

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20812559

I think you mean IPS panels, not ISP.

IPS stands for In-Plane Switching (look it up).

Yeah, meant IPS, was a typo...which I think I might have typed in another thread...checking that now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BoilerJim I never burned a CRT ... even if i left a image there 48hrs lol

It took 10 hours of NHL 2011 to burn a plasma 2010.... and it wasn't 10 hours non stop....imagine

it was only seen on a white background though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts