AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wish some of you guys lived in NYC area and I could listen to the awesome set ups you have. I have a decent home theater system, but apart from demoing 6 different receivers at my place (easy to buy and then return ... Amazon), I have never compared my speakers or sub to other peoples'.

are there lost of folks from my area around here?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, not many NYC people there or even NJ

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Keep reading. The locations are often not updated and many people talk about their equipment within the thread.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
On the other hand, it really doesn't make a huge amount of sense to go to someone else's house and hear their system...it WON'T sound the same at your place, as floors, wall, furniture, windows, height of ceiling all affect sound quality.
Most recievers will sound pretty much the same, it will just be the different features that will differ and room correction is the one big one that can affect sound quality!

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
On the other hand, it really doesn't make a huge amount of sense to go to someone else's house and hear their system...it WON'T sound the same at your place, as floors, wall, furniture, windows, height of ceiling all affect sound quality.
Most recievers will sound pretty much the same, it will just be the different features that will differ and room correction is the one big one that can affect sound quality!
Yeah, speakers sound different in different rooms, but in my experience the core elements of a speaker carry well from room to room.

Besides, I've always enjoyed visiting other enthusiasts homes to find out what is possible and what it is I want to strive to achieve with my own system.

To the OP, I live in NJ. If you'd like to listen to some tunes feel free to send me a PM and we can make that happen. I've got a modest system by forum standards, but it would be a good time nonetheless.

·
Registered
451 Posts
U think its hard to find enthusiasts in ny? Try living in nm. I think im the only one for 300 miles not using tv speakers.
So true LOL, same in west Tx! The Dish guy when changing out my box years ago noticed I had a Marantz bdp, he said "I didn't know they made those." Do tell Ha! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.