AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened. Everyone was all settled in, I start the projector, I see the the image on the screen momentarily, then POP! The inevitable bulb failure and of course out of warranty. I figured I would open it up and see how difficult it would be to put a new lamp in. I opened the puppy up, Sim2 with no lamp door, and removed the lamp. Now, about time, here is my question. I noticed on the bulb that there is a top designated. If my projector is ceiling mounted, up side down, should I then invert my new lamp when I install it? Therefore keeping the top on top. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

bguzman

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry I should have given more information. I am installing the bare lamp into the lamp housing. A lamp assembly for a Sim2 is about $500. A bulb alone is much less.

bguzman

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I will probably do but I remember I read here somewhere, I think it was on Dwin projectors, that they were able to got more life out of their bulbs if they inverted them when ceiling mounting their projectors.

bguzman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts