AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it that most people on this board somehow seem to know how long they have been running their current bulb? I just assumed with talk of hours and bulb timers that most projectors had a counter somewhere that you could look at.

I bought a Sanyo Z3 and it doesn't have a timer you can look at.. ???

There is no way to accurately estimate time in the hundreds of hours, unless someone has a strict regimen or they keep track every day. I KNOW this from being a heavy RPG gamer my whole life. With most people even just 50+hr estimates are way, way off.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Funny, on my Z2 you can check the bulb hours, have you read your manual?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read the entire manual and checked through most the menus myself.. unless its hidden under the unit on a 1 mm lcd screen or I'm missing some manual pages there isn't an option.

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
Hawk ..I dont own the Z3(YET) but I think you have to hold down the power button for a few seconds..then it will appear on screen...I might be wrong about this not 100% sure ..I read it somewere on this site....I'm going to purchase the Z3 next week myself ......this will be my first PJ.....Hawk care to share any Z3 info?What does ESPNHD,DiscoveryHD,OTA HD look like on the Z3..I bought a 106" screen and think the Z3 should be a GREAT projector...any info that you want to share would be GREAT!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I don't have HD programming.. I bought it mainly for next gen gaming, gaming overall and dvds. I don't have any HD material yet but it looks great. The contrast is not as supurb as I had hoped but I'm sure it would look better on a high contrast screen as upposed to the boring 10 year old screen without borders I have it on currently.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
TheHawk -- It's burried, the Z3 manual is confusing on this issue.

It's under: Menu -> Video -> Settings, see page 21, page 23 and pages 41 - 44 of the manual. Sanyo calls it the "Lamp Counter".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*is looking* *is clueless* All I've found is more mention of the "Lamp Counter Reset" do you have to go into there?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I think you were posting as I was writing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FAQ
http://www.sanyo.com/business/projectors/faqs.cfm

"12. How do I find out the remaining lamp life hours on my Sanyo projector?

Models, PLC-SP10N, and PLC-XP10N/NA: Depress the"menu" and "normal" keys simultaneously for 3-5 seconds. Use arrow up/down to reach data #24, which will display remaining hours.

All other models: Depress up arrow for 20-35 seconds. Remaining lamp life in hours will be displayed."

Maybe this will work.. I'll try later tonight.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yup. Since I don't have a Z3, my only reference is the pdf version.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
They don't tell you the number of hours remaining, since they don't know. They tell you the number of hours used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Argh.. holding the up arrow on either the remote or the machine itself for 20-60 seconds does absolutely nothing. Just to try I tried the down arrow as well nothing. I'll be quite suprised if there really is a lamp timer you can look at.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hold power button for 30 seconds and keep holding it to see lamp timer. You need to have power off confirmation ON because otherwise projector will turn off second you press power off. confirmation is on by default i think.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If all else fails, go to the Z3 thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.