AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a replacement lamp from advancedlamps.com for my ae3000u. First off, the lamp came "unhinged" from the chasis. I had to reseat the bulb to fit. I made them note that on my order. today I placed the lamp in the projector and to my dismay, my lamp was amazingly dimmer then my 2700 hour OEM lamp.

To say I am mad is an understatement. I am going to hopefully get my money back. but before i make that leap, i had 1 question to which i cant recall the question.

does the lamp take time to "brighten" after the intial startup time. I waited 30 minutes for it to change its "dimness", but no change was made. Does it take a few hours for the bulb to warm up the brightness on first use, or is this bulb just a crappy oem replacement.

I had faith in this company, but the bulb is so dim, it is unwatchable. and my screen is only 88'' at 10 feet away. I tried to play CODMW2 on it, but even in a room with no sunlight and lights off, i couldn't see in normally dark areas i had no problem with.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coregmrconman /forum/post/18158750

I just bought a replacement lamp from advancedlamps.com for my ae3000u. First off, the lamp came "unhinged" from the chasis. I had to reseat the bulb to fit. I made them note that on my order. today I placed the lamp in the projector and to my dismay, my lamp was amazingly dimmer then my 2700 hour OEM lamp.

To say I am mad is an understatement. I am going to hopefully get my money back. but before i make that leap, i had 1 question to which i cant recall the question.

does the lamp take time to "brighten" after the intial startup time. I waited 30 minutes for it to change its "dimness", but no change was made. Does it take a few hours for the bulb to warm up the brightness on first use, or is this bulb just a crappy oem replacement.

I had faith in this company, but the bulb is so dim, it is unwatchable. and my screen is only 88'' at 10 feet away. I tried to play CODMW2 on it, but even in a room with no sunlight and lights off, i couldn't see in normally dark areas i had no problem with.

I agree with BIG...warm up time is usually within a couple minutes. After that, it will not get any brighter (rather the more time that is put on it ultimately the dimmer it will become).

Get your money back and buy from a real Panny lamp dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered from projectorlampsworld.com. They sent the wrong lamp and now are no longer responding to emails. Definitely DO NOT order from them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just as an update: projectorlampsworld.com is refusing to send me an RMA for the obviously-wrong lamp that they sent to me despite the promises on their web site. They are completely fraudulent in my opinion. Stay away from them!

·
Banned
70 Posts
You must be having some serious problem with them i have ordered from them twice and had no problems and delivery was on time as well. In my opinion try to send them again an e-mail i am sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been emailing them nearly every day for two weeks. They still refuse to provide an RMA or give me a refund. They are demanding that I pay for shipping to send the wrong part back to them, and they will not provide me with a refund. They say they will ship me the correct lamp after I pay to return the other one back to them, but at this point I don't believe anything they say. I just want them to honor their RMA and return policy. They will not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am very reluctant to post anything that might harm someone's business so before posting, I gave Advanced Lamps an opportunity to review my post and correct any errors. They have not responded so here goes.

In December 2009 I ordered a "Genuine Original JVC Lamp" for my HD750 projector. It arrived very speedily into Australia but was held up because the value on the package was incorrectly stated as $1388 instead of $388.

This meant that the package had to be customs cleared and GST (sales tax) became payable. I informed UPS of the mistake but as it had already been processed UPS wanted $66 for agent charges before they would deliver to me. I told them this was not my mistake so that they should get the money from Advanced lamps. I also emailed Advanced Lamps to inform them of the problem. After a week, five emails and 2 telephone calls without an answer, I gave up and paid the money myself.

I was surprised that when I installed the new lamp it had about the same brightness as my old lamp. Before complaining about the lamp, I went to the trouble of arranging with my projector dealer to try the lamp in his projector. In his projector we measured the lamp to be one third less bright than his original lamp. I then requested a replacement lamp from Advanced lamps.

I received the replacement lamp and once again it was dim. I could not believe that 2 lamps could be so far from specification so I had JVC inspect my projector. The confirmed that the second lamp was also 70% as bright as their reference lamp.

I then asked Advanced lamps to take back the lamp and refund my money as it would be very unusual for 2 lamps to be so far out of specification. They responded that they would not give me a refund but "as a courtesy" they would replace it again. I then asked for an assurance that the third lamp would perform as expected and asked them to confirm that the lamp was a genuine JVC lamp sourced from authorized JVC channels. After more than a week I have not had any reply.

After emailing them that I was going to post this they started to reply to my emails. After a few emails back and forward they decided that a refund would be best. They also said that they would arrange a refund of the customs agent charges.

I then received a refund on the price of the lamp but not any payment for the shipping charge or customs charges. I emailed querying this and after 5 days have had no response.

After the refund I am now out of pocket by $230 and have spent more than 10 hours trying to resolve this issue

I guess that I should put this down to experience but also warn prospective purchasers of the problems of dealing with this company

PS This post does have a good ending. I purchased a lamp from the local JVC distributor at considerably higher cost but I am happy that it perfoms perfectly to specifications!

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Unfortunately lamp scammers are all over. Basically stick to someone who sells the actual lamp that originally comes with the projector and NOT an offbrand (basically if the price is too good to be true...).

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
I hoped to save some money on a lamp once upon a time. The one and only time. As Jason says, buy from a seller that offers the real McCoy. Although my cheapo lamp was bright enough when it was new, it popped on me after about 500 hours.. live and learn

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I only buy OEM lamps (Sony LMP-H200 lamp) - there is quite a price spread from different sellers out there, plus there are many stories of the so-called "OEM" lamps sold by the bottom feeders to not actually be OEM. I don't try to save a few bucks on the cheapest outfits, I stick with reputable dealers and never have any issues.

The Zombie lives - current bulb has 4200+ hours on it - still good brightness - but I am starting to worry that one day I will turn it on and the projector will say "Bulb is hungry - Insert braaaaaains into ventilation slots..."

·
Registered
34 Posts
HTNut, thanks for providing that warning about Advanced Lamps. The more information that people provide here, the better. For what it's worth, I am still trying to convince the company that I am dealing with to take it back. They still refuse to do so. I am out $375. I am quite frankly so pissed at these people, who do claim on their website to have an office in New Jersey, that I am considering reporting them to the police or the district attorney in New Jersey.

PayPal has thus far been non-responsive.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilty /forum/post/18694833

PayPal has thus far been non-responsive.

Sorry to say that complaining to Paypal is a waste of time. As soon as you escalate the claim and tick the quality box they dismiss the case

1 - 17 of 17 Posts