AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my Lamp is at the end of its life.

1) can a guy replace this himself? pretty simple?

2) any advice where to buy the part? Looks like there are several online sites that have it (I believe the part number is 6912V00006C).

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Of course you can! Go for it. Have you pulled the old lamp and looked at it? Might want to just take a peek before you order the lamp.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.. I replaced the bulb, and yes, it was quite easy. That was the good news. The bad news is that the problem is not fixed. There is a "yellow" type discoloration in the center of the screen and I just assumed it was the bulb needing replaced. Now bulb and still have the same yellow discoloration. Any ideas what causes this? I have had nothing but trouble with this TV. I've had no trouble at all with my two Sumsung DLPs.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
If you need to bring the set in call the repair shop first and get an estimate, it may be cost effective to buy a new set.

·
Registered
949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwelsh /forum/post/15586644

So that sounds like a trip to the repair shop? Any other options?

Definitely a bad panel. Unfortunately the other options (do it yourself) isn't going to save you much money.

Here's a link for the part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! those yellow spots were the same thing I started noticing on my Zenith E44W46LCD after about a year an half out of the box. I contacted Zenith/LG and they REPLACED the light engine for FREE!!!!!!!

It's NOT the bulb. They kinda fought me on it at first, but when I pointed out the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT I found on a GOOGLE search for this model they quickly changed their tune.

Recently, the thing won't respond to any of my remotes!(intermitent)
Replaced main board, IR sensor, now they are going to try the sensor harness. Tried LG again, they insist that this TV is NOT a LEMON, I say it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts