AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use my Windows XP laptop with S-VIDEO out connected to a TV RCA input via a s-video / rca adapter cord. I can get windows and all of its programs to appear on the TV, but when I start WIN DVD or POWER DVD, I get NO video to show up on the screen. The startup box comes on, but it is blank inside of it (even though the windows items are still there).

Anyone got any ideas ?????

Thanks

Jerry

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.....Is this possible to have the laptop screen and the TV screen show the same DVD picture ?????

·
Registered
514 Posts
If your laptop uses an ATI mobility graphics system, then you must select "Theatre Mode" to display the overlay on both the TV and monitor. Depending how old the drivers are, however, you may not have an option for "Theatre Mode". In that case, you will have to designate one or the other as the "primary" display. The overlay will only appear on that display. I don't have my laptop in front of me, but IIRC, go into the "Advanced" display properties and select the "Displays" tab, there are small blue buttons beneath each display that let you select which one is primary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.