AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a 17x28 room ... speakers will be mounted in the corners of the room and the TV is set up closest to the RF and RR speakers, putting it about 15 or so feet away from the LF and LR speakers.  I've done some initial research and my price point is right around $1,500 all in, although I'm willing to go a little bit more if I have to.  I'm going with smaller speakers for aesthetics, but I still need something with enough kick to fill the room.  I'm looking for my best bets on what I'm looking at so far:

HTIB: Onkyo HT-S6500

If I don't do a HTIB, I think I'm definitely going with a Sony STR-DN840 7.2 channel 1050-watt receiver.  Systems I am really considering that I need advice on:

1. Definitive Technologies CinemaPro 800

2. Bowers and Wilkins MT-50 (comprised of M1 speakers)

3. Paradigm Cinema 100 CT

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Smaller speakers in a large room do NOT work well and are NOT recommended. They will struggle to fill your room.

Now that means you don't need huge towers all over your room but you need actual Bookshelf speakers that are at least

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
Speakers placed in corners, are not really a good idea.

As stated above, bigger speakers are recommended.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1502614/large-room-need-sound-advice#post_24012485

As stated above, bigger speakers are recommended.

+1 on both counts

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01  /t/1502614/large-room-need-sound-advice#post_24012485

It works for me.

OP, as noted bookshelves are fine, though I'd be sure they have a -3dB point of 60-70Hz. At that distance you need MTMs with dual 6.5 inch woofers in the L/R/C, and a pair of subs. if $ is an issue get one sub now, add the second when you're able to.

And you should delete your duplicate thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts