AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to setup a nice system for my shop. I love to listen to music LOUD but at the same time I like good quality sound. I also like a good amount of bass.

My biggest issue is how big my shop is and the fact that I have different areas that I need to have music.

Basically I have 3 areas:

1. car lifts area
2. worktable area
3. office area

My ideal setup is to have the same music playing in all areas of the shop. I would like to be able to control the volume in each area individually. I am thinking a subwoofer shared between areas 1-2 would work but I am not sure.

I am open to any mounting areas as we have large pallet racking throughout the shop.

I had planned on having a sonos unit piggybacked on whatever receiver I get. My main reason for this is that I would like to be able to control the music from my phone. That is a big priority for me but if Sonos is not my best option I am very open to anyones opinion.

I am not knowledgable on home audio equipment and I have no idea what would be a good option for me so I would greatly appreciate someone willing to give me options for each component.

Ideally I would like to not spend more than $2000 on this setup. I am completely open to used/refurbed equipment to reach this price point. If this is not a large enough budget to get a good quality sound just let me know. I do not want waste money on low quality product.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
With that sort of budget, I'd head on over to the DIY forum and look for high efficiency designs (there are few using the SEOS waveguide that may interest you).

I'm not sure you can fill that room with "LOUD!" sub-bass in your budget...but we all have different opinions of loud. I have a feeling you don't want to be subjecting yourself and your workers to concert level sound all day, every day...so maybe you can refine "LOUD" to a level commensurate with your budget.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Looks like fun but I'm also not sure about that budget. Are you open to DIY at least for the sub? A pro style 18 or two would do the trick but with the amps you'd be into the budget pretty heavy as is. Maybe tackle the "areas" one at a time. I'd also recommend piping a mono signal into the shop area.

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Also check into OSHA and/or insurance regulations/coverage in regard to acceptable volume levels in a work area.

Be a shame if no one could hear you scream. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts